Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Digital system(s) do you own/use (2018-2019)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Digital system(s) do you own/use (2018-2019)

So, which systems are you using these days? If I forgot to include your system in the poll, please choose "Other" and include it in your reply. Also, this is multiple choice, so choose any and all systems you use on a regular basis, but not any that you no longer use. For example, if you switched from SCXD to WOS, choose WOS and "I changed systems."

This poll will end in one year, at which point, we can start a new one.

Past Polls:

2016-2017

2017-2018
    Carrera Pro-X
    0.68%
    Carrera D143
    0.68%
    Carrera D132/D124
    29.05%
    DaVic
    0.00%
    Ninco N-Digital
    1.35%
    oXigen by Slot.it
    5.41%
    Scalextric Sport Digital
    17.57%
    Scorpius
    2.70%
    SCXD
    2.70%
    SCX WOS
    2.03%
    AC2Car
    0.00%
    Other
    4.05%
    I switched to my current system away from another one.
    3.38%
    Digital Slot racing is what introduced me to slot cars
    1.35%
    I started with analog, and now race only digital.
    11.49%
    I started with analog, and digital is also part of my hobby.
    11.49%
    I race multiple digital systems regularly.
    1.35%
    I own multiple digital systems.
    3.38%
    I tried digital, but didn't like it, and will never try it again.
    0.68%
    I tried digital, wasn't impressed, but I'm keeping an eye on it.
    0.68%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by MrFlippant; 01-08-2018, 10:07 PM.

Arc pro....

Comment

Carrera D132/D124

Comment

Arc Pro has me fully back into the hobby. Love it so far!

Comment

I picked SSD but I just went to ARC Pro. Was that a choice
          ?

Comment

ARC Pro is just another SSD base, not a different system. I Realize now that I should have put (ARC Pro, APB, C7030, etc.) next to it so that people aren't confused by their new base not being specifically named. I'll see if I can have that choice renamed without starting the poll all over again.

Comment

I'm running Carrera D132.

I started with a Mattel Disney Cars branded analog set I bought for my daughter when she was 2 or 3. I grew tired of the battery power and purchased an AFX analog system which brought back the nostalgia of my childhood in the 80s & 90s. That didn't last more than 2 years before we made the jump to Carrera nearly a year ago. The greatest benefit of it is I can race both of my kids at the same time and set the power for each car individually, no need for us to take turns racing and limit the power to the entire track (AFX tri-power pack).

Comment

I have Scalextric Advanced Power Base 7032, and ARC Pro 8534. Most recenty I removed the 7032 and put it in place to power two of my four lane 96ft Scalextric Sport track.
                I also use this track for four lane analog racing. My next step will be to figure out how to count laps on an addition two lanes (lanes 3 and 4) to bridge in the other two lanes to create four lane digital. My objective is to have the ability to switch between digital and analog four lane racing.

Comment

I still have my SCX-D and probably will for awhile. I have extra chips and an extra pitbox, no need to change yet.

I've been gone for awhile - just super busy.

Comment

Four people chose "other" but did not comment on what system they use. Are they simply confused as to what system they actually have, or is there a digital system out there that I have missed, which is also so popular that 4 responders to this poll on SCI are using?

Comment

My money: they're analog users who wanted to vote, since they were given the chance to say they were not impressed by digital and/or would never try it again.
                      Last edited by b.yingling; 02-04-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

ah, yeah. probably right on that one.

Comment

The wireless aspect of the ARC Pro is soooooooo much better. It is missing some of the internal features of the C7042 and the mods required to use all the original Scalextric digital track is bit annoying but the pit, weather, and tire features have more than made up for it.

Comment

Don't worry, it will get even better. If not through app updates from Scalextric, then through third party developers. They're only just taking a peek under the hood since the BLE protocol was released a couple weeks ago. I wouldn't be surprised if we have another choice of app by the end of the year, maybe more than one.

Comment

For me it was hard to choose between Carerra and Scalextric, but decided to settle on Scalextrix Arc Pro C1374 kit with the APB 8534. Glad I did loving the four car system (I only have the original four cars and four controllers at moment) but still loving it.

Garage table build in progress on a strict budget which is making it hard indeed, I shall get there eventually I hope.
                              Last edited by John Clinch; 03-31-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X