This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change over tracks

I have a SCX digital track with 3 cars. I have the Lap couter and chonometer and they are powered by the pit box. Every car will change at the change over tracks at will with no input. Impossible to get in touch with anyone from scx and any info they give is in spanish. Not all the cars change all the time. Some more than others but they all do it.
    Any ideas
    Jack

Comment

sounds like the flippers could be not returning to the "no-change" position. have you cleaned them recently of any dust/debris? You may also want to try loosening the screws on the bottom cover plates of the LC track sections a wee bit, if these are too tight it can cause the flippers to not spring back to thier defualt position. Are any of the lane change sections the beggining (or end) of an incline or banked corner? I have found this can cause issue with changing too

Comment

Thanx for the reply. My son was watching the tracks and they were opening as the cars approached. No banks or inclines.

Thanx
        Jack

Comment

PS I am being pretty realistic, I sure they may change on a rare occassion but not everytime.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by nynelyvz
            Thanx for the reply. My son was watching the tracks and they were opening as the cars approached. No banks or inclines.

Thanx
            Jack
            so they open when the car aproaches, but the car still doesn't change lanes? do they close again fully, after the car has gone through?

Comment

The dreaded RED light

Guys, I also had a car that turned on the red light. It would sometimes stutter and not want to run with other cars on the track. So, I removed the motor (real easy with SCX), and washed it out with brake and electrical cleaner. It worked fine after that. As to the lane changing, the replies as to uneven (not flat),dirty switchs(which you should not have, as your set is new)and the screws being too tight (I've tightened them too tight myself), are all good places to start. Some other things that come to mind are : Is it a problem with the controller (the lane change button stuck?) Tried switching them around? Have you checked out the guides? I had one that did not like to retract. Again, a little spray from the brake clean (on the guide-removed from the car)and voulla, all was fixxed. Another thought on the lane changers. The spring that controls the return to normal position is very weak. It must be weak so the guide flag can pick the gate open but strong enough to quickly close it again. I have not had to do this, but I looked to see if these springs could be adjusted. I don't remember any adjustment,but I do believe you can (ever so slightly) bend the little spring end. Now one other thought, does the inadvertant lane change happen at all crossovers or mostly just the same one? If you have one that works fairly consistantly, try swapping it to the track position that you are having the most trouble with. Since the lane changers work in both directions, you may also want to try just turnning them around. Now, that said, I do recall that all of my(few) switching problems came from the track piece not being perfectly flat to the table and the world. I know most of the points have allready been hashed, but I hope this little diatribe helps in some way.

Good Luck and Good Racing ! Rich

Comment

the new SCX pitlane system

I see from your posts that the new Pitlane System is in your hands. What do you guys think? I have last years system and was thinking about going for the updated system. The main thing I want to know is, does the chronometer do any kind of Lap Timing? It's nice to have lap counting, but this system needs a lap timer in the worst way. Also, have you had a chance to mess (play?) with the brake setting feature? What about the pit lane and the fuel consumption feature? Easy to set, or more trouble than it is worth? Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance:

Rich

Comment

Hey Slot rocker. The track in on carpet but seems to be flat and I have turned them around. I just put on a new guide with brushes on 2 of them. One runs really slow now. On the digital cars how does the engine get loose of the plastic keeper it is in?

Your question. Yes the chrometer does show lap time, total race time some other stuff. It is really cool. The pit box is cool also. Just got to remember not to come in the pit too fast or it won't let you fuel and you will have to go around and reenter again. You have to come in slow. Also you can program the chrometer and the digital lap counter from the pit box. That makes it nice.
                  But those 2 items work well. If I can fix the lane changers and the car that gave me the red light the hobbytown replaced it and the new one is way slow. Another thing the chrometer is good for is checking if your cars are slowing down. Any ideas on speeding it up.
                  I will try these and let you know.
                  Thanx so much for your time
                  Jack
                  Last edited by nynelyvz; 12-06-2005, 08:50 PM.

Comment

slow car

Hey nynelyvz,
                    To get the motor out, just carefully pry up on the front of the motor. It should snap up and then you just have to pull the motor to the front. It will try to stick to the magnet, but actually comes out pretty easy. For a slow running car, I would check the gear mesh to make sure it is not too tight. Check that no tires are rubbing on the body or chassic any where, and that they all roll easily. Then remove the motor and give it a good wash. While the motor is out,give the rear axle a good spin to make sure the bearings (bushings) are not too tight. Lightly oil the endbells and reinstall the motor. If it is still slow, try another motor from a good running car. It may be that the slow motor just needs some breakin time. There are places on this board that can run you through the process. SCX motors are noted for running better after they are run for awhile.Also, if the car still runs slow after installing a different motor, then look again for a physical (mechanical) reason. If all checks out, then it may be the decoder in the car. WASH THAT MOTOR. I'll bet a bag of jelly beans it solves your problem.

Hope you finally get to do some: HAPPY SLOTTING
                    Rich
                    Last edited by slotrocker; 12-06-2005, 10:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hey,

I got it out thanx bud. I'll try your suggestions
                      Thanx
                      Jack

Comment

Motor

Hi. there,
                        I got the motor out and when I pulled it out of the front plastic keeper 2 small rectangular pieces of metal fell out. I guessing they are the brushes (?)
                        Well they aren't going back in. Does anyone know where a good selection of SCX RX 42 motors might be .The Motor Professor doesn't have many scx motors.
                        I like scx but sure hard to get any support. And the hobby stores no nothing.
                        Lots of sites for other brands but would like to find a SCX site. Their website is all in spanish. English is rough enough for me.
                        Any help out there for me.
                        Thanx
                        Jack
                        PS is the chip solder to the motor the digital chip it has the number 104 on it. Or is the chip in the front of the car between the front tires?
                        Last edited by nynelyvz; 12-07-2005, 10:52 PM.

Comment

scx replacement motor

Check with one of the site sponsors for an SCX motor. If you really want to make your car go, get a Slot.it motor with SCX adaptor. It most likely will be faster than your other cars though.

Comment

The SCX digital board may not be designed to handle the increase current draw of a Slot It motor. I would advise against using the Slot It motor.

Best regards,
                            Brian

Comment

PS is the chip solder to the motor the digital chip it has the number 104 on it. Or is the chip in the front of the car between the front tires?

the digital chip is the one between the tires.

Comment

Hey nynelyvz,
                                Try Tower Hobbies here is there link :
                                http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=SCX&I=&G=&U=Y

Comment

Working...
                                X