Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good idea on the yellow card rule. We used poker chips, but primarily for crashing as opposed to contact. The hard part is that most people are watching their own car, and it can be hard to admit, or sometimes to even know who's at fault for a collision.

I like how you've used extra lanes to intentionally reduce congestion. I LIKE the congestion, but I can definitely see the benefit when the other 5 people would prefer to be in their own lane.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
      ...... I like how you've used extra lanes to intentionally reduce congestion. I LIKE the congestion, but I can definitely see the benefit when the other 5 people would prefer to be in their own lane.

I agree! I run a 2 lane Carrera track with at times 5 people racing at the same time. We have become very talented in understanding that if you fall off the track it hurts your track times and laps. This seems to be the same thing that happens in real live everyday Nascar racing etc.

(Sorry I just had to bump this thread as it is interesting)
      Last edited by arizona_lew; 10-21-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Ooooooooh Lew, why did you have to open this can of worms again... Don't be dissin the analog folks and they will leave us alone....

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
          Ooooooooh Lew, why did you have to open this can of worms again... Don't be dissin the analog folks and they will leave us alone....

Dave
          Yeah you are right. I removed the last sentence.

Comment

I found this thread this morning and have now read the entire thing. Hard to believe I could miss something so prominent.

Over the years I have had several digital layouts and decided two lanes is best. 4 lanes while visually interesting, was too easy to pass upon.

I narrowed my search into two camps when deciding upon digital, Carerra and Scalextric. Both would have been good choices, as they are both still supporting their product, but I am glad I chose Scalextric. Originally based upon the more narrow gauge. Their cars and other brands are so easy to convert to SSD. The handful of Carerra cars I've dealt with have all been pains in the posterior.

I run a 96' track without constant problems. Problems are usually just the braids needing adjustment.

Hooray digital.

Comment

hey guys. newbi here. not really sure how to post here. so if I do it wrong just yell at me... anyway I am putting up all digital Carrera 1/32 track. large layout and will be perminate in my basement. my question is. where I have to put the start finish line I plan to put the pit lane. does it matter if the pit lane is behind the SF. line. even with the SF line. or past the start finish line? thanks in advance.

Comment

Nope. You can program the system to add a lap when the car goes through the pits, if needed.

Welcome to the wonderful world of digital slot car racing!

Comment

Working...
                X