SSD In-Car Microprocessor Compatibility Chart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD In-Car Microprocessor Compatibility Chart

Slotict has made such a good find it is worth its own thread. The chart even splits the fitting of the in-car microprocessor into various skill levels and reminds everybody that soldering is for adults only:-

SSD In-Car Microprocessor Compatibility Chart

Cheers
    Moped

Thanks for the info

Comment

How 'Bout Non-Scaley Cars?

What we're REALLY gonna need to do is share info on which chip to use for OTHER cars, like SlotIts.

For example, my Proteus is gonna be tricky, as it has no wires...there are copper strips leading to the motor.

I think we're gonna need a special, permanent thread to discuss how to chip all our cars & share tips.

Dean

Comment

Chippin'

I'm kind of silly in that I don't want to have to chip and solder anything just to change lanes. :\ I would have wished that lane changing would just be part of the basics of slot racing and a chip could be added for control of other, non-basic functions.

But, that is just me. Thanks for the useful Scaley info you provide, Moped.

I doubt seriously if Scaley would provide info about chipping non-Scaley cars unless they were selected brands such as Fly or Slot.It if at all.

-Maltese

Comment

Re: Chippin'

I KNOW Scaley won't help w/other brands...that's why I say it's gonna be important that WE help each other sort them out!

Dean

Comment

Great idea Deandome,

If this community shares it's experience as they convert cars we will all gain.

Complaining will get us nowhere, action will take us to the end we desire.

Cheers

Alan
            Alan Smith
            SCI Owner.
            www.scaleracing.com
            www.slotcarillustrated.com
            www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Given their recent past history, a Scalextric-Fly collaboration would seem reasonably on the cards. On the face of it, that would seem to be to the advantage of both companies - as well as to the all-important customer.
              It's going to be very interesting! :smokin

Comment

Given their recent past history, a Scalextric-Fly collaboration would seem reasonably on the cards. On the face of it, that would seem to be to the advantage of both companies - as well as to the all-important customer.
                Yeah...especially since Scaley USA, who did the first chart, handles/distributes Fly/GB, SlotIt and MRRC.

You might say Hornby wouldn't want them to talk about conversion compatibility issues w/competitors, but that ignores the fact that Hornby is obviously OK w/Scaley USA distributing them!! They still make money on the chips (probby as much profit as most cars!!), and anything that allows people to better enjoy & expand their SSD systems is gonna be good for them in the long run.

ALAN..can you set up a "thumbtacked" thread here titled "SSD Chipping Tips" or something (like the "All Digital" thread). That (obviously) keeps it up front. Thanks!

Dean

Edited to correct the name of Scalextrics Owner Hornby.

Cheers

Alan

PS This thread will be the perfect start to a Compatability chart and help thread, it already has the Scalextric USA information supplied at the top of the thread.

Comment

Data Base of SSD Car Upgrades

Comment
                  Mr peewee
                  Club Racer
                  (4/14/05 7:53 am)
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Good day to you all. Now that SSD upgrade ships are out on sale I am now asking for your help in making this the thread a single user data base of successful SSD upgrades for different cars.

For example

Make of car : Fly, SCX, ...etc
                  Type of car : Ford Focus ....etc
                  Manufacturer's number : C182 ...etc

Type of upgrade chip used : F1 or saloon

Then photo's showing fitting of chip in car. With instructions for complex or hard to fit chip/car set up.

I hope fellow uses of this site will be able to see how a single link will help save people time and money with fitting chips in cars.

Thank you all....

Mr Peewee

Mr Burns
                  Novice Racer
                  (4/14/05 11:25 pm)
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Hey, im hoping to chip a Fly Panoz this saturday...its my first attempt so im looking forward to it.

There is one problem: space for the LED...the motor is centered in the front of the car...

Any suggestions would be nice.
                  Thanks in advance
                  Jakob
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.slotcarillustrated.com
                  www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Re: Data Base of SSD Car Upgrades

Thank you for starting a data base for this.

I hope someone will post info regarding successful chipping of Revell Monogram Cobra Daytona, Grand Sport and Jaguars. I would like to learn if the saloon or F1 chip may work in these cars.

Mark Godfrey
                    Ojai, CA

Comment

I have a saloon-chip...will try the DTM-Mercedes (Ninco)

I am not an expert in these things...but I give it a try

Keep you informed...if my Car blows up, I failed :rollin

If you scroll down, you see how many Cars I have...around fourty, SO LOTS OF WORK to be done :lol

Mister Slipstream
                      Last edited by Scaleracing; 04-09-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

How about that....IT WORKS :rollin

Its working great !!!!...although I made a little mess of the inside.(better next time)
                        I made a 3mm hole, I noticed it was a little to small so I made it a tiny bit bigger.
                        If you have to give it a little pressure to bring the LED in, it stays in place by itself...sorry but its not easy to explain all this in English for me

Used the Saloon Chip.
                        Car: Ninco DTM-Mercedes Yellow (v.Ommen)
                        I must say this Car has a lot of room !!!!
                        If you are a beginner like me, those DTM-ers will do great !!

If I can do it everyone else can

Mister Slipstream.
                        Last edited by Scaleracing; 04-09-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

SlotIt Porsches..Gonna be Tricky!!

I'm starting out on my 962 Blaupunkt, and I can see it's gonna be hard. Those noses are very shallow/sloping, and the cockpit is huge..no way it'll fit below it.

I amputated the legs, and I think it's still gonna be too tight to have the chip up front. Clearly it would fit GREAT in the side 'channels' behind the cockpit, but this brings up the big drawback of this chip...

THE LEADS ON THE LED ARE WAY TOO SHORT TO ALLOW FLEXIBILE CHIP PLACEMENT!!

I think I'm gonna hafta operate & splice in extensions. But that is SUPER thin wire...do I need to match it's guage exactly, or can I use something close? I have some bell wire left from my garage door opener...would that be OK or would it be too thick (never thought I'd think that about bell wire!!)?

As for the splices, there are two I need to ask about; the LEDs AND I think I'd need to add a bit to the green/yellow pickup wires, as if I mount the chip in the rear, they won't reach the pickups

Is it OK to have have about 2" of the slotit wires coming off the pickups & THEN just join them to the green/yellows, or should I extend the green/yellows themselves? The reason I ask is cuzza the ferrite & capacitor...I dunno if they need to be close to the pickup for some reason, which would necessite the more compicated extension.

When I do splice/join thin wires like this, what's the best method..just twist 'em & drop on a dab of solder? Or do I want to use some connector (what??) or something? Do I need to coat the connection in something (assuming there's no chance of them touching metal...I'd stagger the joints to avoid this)? Shrinkwrap them (is there shrinkwrap that small?)?

Thanks for your tips!! Anyone else done a slotit yet?

Dean

Comment

Re: SlotIt Porsches..Gonna be Tricky!!

Hi Deandome1,

Its nice to share our experience isn't it

I have just ordered three more Saloon-chips !!
                            I have a lot of Fly-Cars too, but to fit the LED is not gonna be easy...its the engine in the front :rolleyes

The next one I try, is one of my favourites...."Harrods" McLaren the yellow one.
                            There is less room, but I give it a try.
                            The most difficult part is to fit those METAL PRESSINGS ??
                            I have cut the wires (from the Guide Blade) 2CM, took of the METAL PRESSINGS, and soldered the wires together, with a dab of solder

Keep you Guys informed

Mister Slipstream.

Comment

Re: SlotIt Porsches..Gonna be Tricky!!

THE LEADS ON THE LED ARE WAY TOO SHORT TO ALLOW FLEXIBILE CHIP PLACEMENT!!
                              I believe the F1 version of the chip will have longer wires.

You can splice to the chip wires no problem. You can remove the ferrite choke and all that stuff, its just to prevent TV interference.

I have a Slot.It 962 Repsol I want to convert, but I wil probably wait to see if the F1 chips will be more suitable. BTW, before I put silicones on the thing, the 962 handled like crap.

Front engined cars are clearly the hardest to convert. I have no clue how I am going to do my Revell-Mongram Cobra. I was also surprised on opening up my AutoArt Peugeot 206, to find that it has drive-shafts fore and aft - making conversion on this one hard too.

Comment

Working...
                              X