X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moped Rider
    started a topic SSD In-Car Microprocessor Compatibility Chart

SSD In-Car Microprocessor Compatibility Chart

Slotict has made such a good find it is worth its own thread. The chart even splits the fitting of the in-car microprocessor into various skill levels and reminds everybody that soldering is for adults only:-

SSD In-Car Microprocessor Compatibility Chart

Cheers
    Moped

• HvH
    replied
    Thanks Gorp..will have a closer look

Hans.

Leave a comment:

• gorp
    replied
    dont know what motor inside cause

have not bought ninco in long time

jus guessin is ninco overkill and is overheating chip
    if other cars are fine

u could always switch guide leads around
    some claim that makes difference
    motor leads actually only affect direction of travel
    forward or reverse

Leave a comment:

• HvH
    replied
    I chipped a Ninco Mini...but sometimes the car is driving all by itself, it looks like its going crazy suddenly, fast and nothing I can do to control it anymore !!
    In the beginning normal, but suddenly...HELP !!

Use the PB version 1.2 from Scalextric (six car powerbase)

Looks like the wires are in the right place, right way connected.

I have chipped some more ninco's in the past, gave no problems.

Anyone ??

Hans (known as Mister Slipstream)
    Last edited by HvH; 01-10-2008, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spaz
    replied
    Tried to find the compatibility chart on the US site, no luck, does anyone have it in .doc form?

Leave a comment:

• gorp
    replied
    check slotit site above

highly recommend slotit motors - fast enough for most everything
    slotit chip should be good match for them

motors are listed by different manufacturers at different volts and amps
    so rpms will vary

cars usually jerky
    if track or braids dirty
    braids need adjustin - keep mine usually flat and flared with digital

lap counter miscount
    eye of counter or car dirty - only count one lane ?
    goin correct direction thru counter
    goin straight through counter as in not located immediately followin curve
    guide not black

Leave a comment:

• JCG
    replied
    corvettes

Just saw the corvettes on page two. big help thankyou

Leave a comment:

• JCG
    replied
    blown chips

I am new to slot cars, and Although I have only chipped five new scaly cars I was told by an experienced slot car racer and hobby shop technician that Any motor over the std 18000rpm in the scaly cars will eventually blow the scaly chip. Use the slot it chip for cars > 18000rpms. However, I do not know what rpm will blow the slot it chip. I left the choke and fyrite in my cars and the cars run great. Nissian skyline, Jag cytosport, and Ford GT blue all with saloon chip. Somtimes you have to get creative in securing and finding a spot for the chip in order to fit the top back on. I had to swap two 20000 rpm motors for scaly sport in two porche 911 GTR3 until I get my slot it chips.

The only car I have had problems with is a factory installed chip in the new Ferrari F-1. The car runs a little jerky around the track and sometimes the lap sensor does not registor. any ideas before I open it up to see whats going on ?

Also has anyone chipped a scaly corvette yet ? and which chip will work best saloon or formula chip ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
    The green wire is on the Drivers side of the car/guide or the left, the yellow wire would be on the right side of the car.

If you are sitting in the car in England the green wire is on the passenger side of the car/ guide or still the left.

Wow now I am really confused.
    Yes its different from what you said before, but no big deal.
    So to confirm in my opinion anyway, to reduce car I.D. losses by 99% the yellow wire goes on the USA drivers side. But the car will still run perfectly otherwise if you reverse them. I dont believe orientation of wires is responsible for blown chips, Ive blown about 6 chips since I got in SSD and all of them were with higher powered motors, eg 21500rpm.
    Last edited by aussieslotter; 04-06-2007, 04:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    OK if you are sitting in the car in the USA

The green wire is on the Drivers side of the car/guide or the left, the yellow wire would be on the right side of the car.

If you are sitting in the car in England the green wire is on the passenger side of the car/ guide or still the left.

Wow now I am really confused.

Leave a comment:

• gorp
    replied
    would suggest using 1/1 terminology

usa drivers side and passenger side of guide
    cause anyone can understand that

of course any country allowin drivin on da opposite side
    is obviously wrong

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Did not say choke is there to stop shorts.

You are absolutly correct it is there to stop emf interference as you mention.

I have replaced 100's of SSD Chips and the ones that failed had the yellow wire to the left of the guide looking from the top. Looking ( towards ) at the front of the car.

The left side of the guide looking from the top should have the green wire, the right side of the guide looking from the top the yellow. This is looking at the car looking towards the front of the car.

You are correct the clips are facing the wrong way and need to be twisted 180 degrees or best removed.

If used the hard wire (single strand) will fail very quickly the flexible guide wires are better suited to the rotation that a guide creates.

Hope this helps some.
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-08-2007, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
    I remove them and join the flexible wires from guide direct to the single strand wires.

Green to left is correct though yellow to right or you will fry the chip, looking from above the car.

Scalextric themselves no longer connect the single strand wire to the guide, they break way to easily.

Leave the choke on the wires and insulate to protect from shorting.

Will photo if anyone needs more info.
    hi Alan,
    You need to specify are you looking at car from front or rear of car as this can be taken two ways and will give opposite result. This is also a fault on the Scaley instructions, they descibe it the same way but fail to say wether they mean looking from the front or rear.
    If you connect yellow/green back to front it doesnt fry the chip, but instead the car can sometimes lose I.D during hard knocks or braids momentarily shorting.
    In actual fact looking from the top view from the rear if the car the yellow goes to the left, not right, or in simple terms the drivers side (USA-left hand drive in thi case).
    Like I said the chips can be wired anyway (green and yellow Im referring to) except one way will give I.D loses, the other way seldom will you get an I.D. loss.
    and also the choke isnt there to prevent shorts, its there in fact to stop emf interference. The Scaley chips have guide clips orientated the wrong way and need twisting 180 degrees to get wire to correct side.
    Bet you this will surprise a few people.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Clips are backwards

I remove them and join the flexible wires from guide direct to the single strand wires.

Green to left is correct though yellow to right or you will fry the chip, looking from above the car.

Scalextric themselves no longer connect the single strand wire to the guide, they break way to easily.

Leave the choke on the wires and insulate to protect from shorting.

Will photo if anyone needs more info.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    By the way the Scaley instructions are wrong re positioning of green and yellow wires, and orientation of the pressed metal tabs that clip into the guide are 180 degrees out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X