C7042 Part 1 "Basic Mode"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7042 Part 1 "Basic Mode"

Production values might have suffered a little, but I decided to make a quick "Basic mode" (aka 'getting started') video about the new powerbase. Anyone who already has played with one will probably not learn much new information, but it should be helpful for those who are just now opening their new toy, and for those yet to purchase one. My next video will probably not be for a couple weeks, but I already have others planned.

Last edited by MrFlippant; 04-23-2019, 08:27 AM.

MrFlippant,
    Thanks for the video. Great for an introduction especially as I'm thinking of buying this new track controller. Looking forward to more videos!
    Mitch

Comment

This will be very helpful for those new to this. I wish I had this video when I first got my new powerbase. It was a lot of trial and error for me.

Comment

Just received an AUX Port -> PC cable today. Looking forward to seeing what can be done via software on the new PB. Fun times ahead...

Dale

ScaleSlots

Comment

Thanks for the clear explanation. Well done.

Comment

Went over to Mr. Flippant's last night to play with digital for a bit. Had a chance to hook my AUX cable up to the new PB to see if I could "talk to it". Good news is it worked after just a little tweaking of the code. Was just querying the PB and looking at how the data was changing while we pressed brake buttons, throttles, and PB buttons. Now I am anxious to get one and see what it is going to take to have complete control

Thanks Mr. Flippant, and also a big thanks to Alan Smith for bringing these in from Scalextric.

Dale

Comment

That was quick...

You've got a working program already? Wow! Well done

Comment

No, not even close. Just a simple test program to verify I could talk with the new PB and get some responses back. It will be a lot of work to get a REAL working program.

BTW this test was done on a Mac (10.6.4) using an AUX cable from Richg, I was not able to test your cable yet as I did not have a USB adapter with me Once I get a PB I will verify it on my Mac.

Dale

Comment

Sadly I can not see the video, I can see what is essentially the placeholders for all the videos but no videos. I even placed SCI in Compatibility Mode and refreshed (CTRL+F5) with no changes.

I grabbed the Transcripts for Parts 2-4 with Part 1 missing or not provided.

Regardless, great work from Mr. Flippant for this, I appreciate and no doubt others do also. Thanks again mate.

Johnno

Comment

Have you tried just going to youtube.com and searching for it there? Maybe whatever code is being used in the forum software is not working on your computer, but the regular YouTube page/site will?

Comment

Video shows correct at my place

Comment

Found the link on here (I did see it first time round) for the YouTube videos early this morning.

Interesting why I can't see them on this site, been through my system and nothing has changed. Oh well. One of those mysteries I guess.

Comment

It's been my experience that what a person can 'see' on SCI seems to vary, dependent on their Operating System and also their Browser. With YouTube videos, I usually click on the screen link that opens up another window so that I'm watching it right on the YouTube site.

Interesting resurrection of an old Thread, here. When Mr F dies, we're going to donate his brain to science.

Comment

That's actually what I want (well, not my brain, but my otherwise useless corpse). I'd much rather assist a student doctor in my afterlife than fill up space in the ground or as ashes on a mantle. Wife wasn't having that, though. Ah, well.

Anyhoo... glad you were able to watch the videos.

Comment

You can compromise... let them have your organs but leave the "shell" for the burial...
                              Mind you, my organs are probably a case of how bad things can get and not overly useful to anyone otherwise...

Comment

Working...
                              X