Digital automatic crash management??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital automatic crash management??

I could have sworn I read somewhere about this but could not find it the second time I looked (didn't know how to search for it I guess)....

If a car comes off the track (digital 132) is there an accessory or an after market add on that can stop ALL cars on the track after they get to contimue for a predetermined amount of time (say 2 seconds)?

That way you wouldn't have to screem to get everyone's attention to stop while you get your car back on the track, yet you'd still suffer a penalty for the crash (other cars get the 2 second run after your crash).

Anyone know of such a thing?

It's the space bar on Bruce's software. And the Carrera Race App has that function available as well, but I can't remember what function(s) initiate the track call.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Wow this is first time I hear about this.

How do I configure this on the carrera app.

Comment

Originally posted by anoeth View Post
          I could have sworn I read somewhere about this but could not find it the second time I looked (didn't know how to search for it I guess)....

If a car comes off the track (digital 132) is there an accessory or an after market add on that can stop ALL cars on the track after they get to contimue for a predetermined amount of time (say 2 seconds)?

When using certain aftermarket race control software packages on SSD- this can be set to be automatic. If a driver's throttle stays at zero for a pre-determined amount of time, it is assumed he is off the track, and a track call is initiated.

Other answers here describe how software can initiate a call on Carrera- but it is not automatic. If you use my PC software on D1XX, you press the space bar. If you use the Carrera tablet app, you press the on screen 'Pause' button.

Comment

And if you use the Carrera CU and a Lap Counter accessory, you press the Start button on the CU.

Right? I think so.

Only SSD with RMS software and computer connection can do it entirely automatically like Bruce said.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post
              And if you use the Carrera CU and a Lap Counter accessory, you press the Start button on the CU.

You don't even need the lap counter- or a CU- ever since the days of the Black Box, the 'Start' button on the power base will stop all cars, while still powering the track. This still works even with software connected.

Comment

Got it.
                But without the Lap Counter or computer, you're not actually having much of a race, you're just driving around the track at the same time.

Comment

Got it.
                  But without the Lap Counter or computer, you're not actually having much of a race, you're just driving around the track at the same time.

Comment

True enough- still handy to be able to stop traffic and recover cars. I think the majority of digital users (at least Carrera digital users) spend more time 'just driving around the track' than actually racing. Even when using so-called 'race management software'.

Comment

Got it.
                      To me there's always a race and it's always the same race - the race to the next corner. No other components needed.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
                        When using certain aftermarket race control software packages on SSD- this can be set to be automatic. If a driver's throttle stays at zero for a pre-determined amount of time, it is assumed he is off the track, and a track call is initiated.

Other answers here describe how software can initiate a call on Carrera- but it is not automatic. If you use my PC software on D1XX, you press the space bar. If you use the Carrera tablet app, you press the on screen 'Pause' button.
                        So if I understand you correctly....it is not automatic with your software. You must press space bar?

Comment

Originally posted by anoeth View Post
                          So if I understand you correctly....it is not automatic with your software. You must press space bar?

Correct. Space bar, or 'Start' button on the CU. The only system with an 'automatic' cut off is SSD. That's the only system where the PC has any knowledge of throttle positions.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
                            True enough- still handy to be able to stop traffic and recover cars. I think the majority of digital users (at least Carrera digital users) spend more time 'just driving around the track' than actually racing. Even when using so-called 'race management software'.
                            HA! That's pretty true. Then again, that's also quite true of analog "racing."

For SSD, using the C7042 base but no computer, it can be set up so that anyone can press the large button on their controller to initiate a track call (all stop) or yellow flag (slow down) using a configurable delay from the pressing of the button.

With the advent of the App Connect and it's ability to update firmware in the field, I wonder if Carrera might consider expanding the functionality a bit more and add this kind of thing. Or, maybe there are some Carrera loving "hackers" out there that might take a stab at rewriting the code. hehe

Comment

Smart Race is working on this where you have the option to use additional devices as an individual driver display with the ability to pause the race from your display. The only thing is that this isn't always a good thing to have each driver have an easy way to pause the race since it can lead to a lot of track calls. In some instances, I prefer to have one person in charge of track calls the keep them at a minimum since not all track calls are needed.

Best regards,
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X