Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Digital system(s) do you own/use (2016-2017)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Digital system(s) do you own/use (2016-2017)

So, which systems are you using these days? If I forgot to include your system in the poll, please choose "Other" and include it in your reply. Also, this is multiple choice, so choose any and all systems you use on a regular basis, but not any that you no longer use. For example, if you switched from SCXD to WOS, choose WOS and "I changed systems"

This poll will end in one year, at which point, we can start a new one. If we do new polls each year for a few years, we can see how the board "digital demographic" changes over time. Neat!
    Carrera Pro-X
    1.68%
    Carrera D143/D132/D124
    27.37%
    DaVic
    0.56%
    Ninco N-Digital
    1.12%
    oXigen by Slot.it
    2.23%
    Scalextric Sport Digital
    17.88%
    Scorpius
    3.91%
    SCXD
    3.35%
    SCX WOS
    2.79%
    AC2Car
    0.56%
    Other
    1.12%
    I switched to my current system away from another one.
    5.03%
    Digital Slot racing is what introduced me to slot cars
    2.79%
    I started with analog, and now race only digital.
    6.70%
    I started with analog, and digital is also part of my hobby.
    12.85%
    I race multiple digital systems regularly.
    1.12%
    I own multiple digital systems.
    2.79%
    I only race analog, but wanted to vote in this poll, anyway.
    3.35%
    I tried digital, but didn't like it, and will never try it again.
    1.12%
    I tried digital, wasn't impressed, but I'm keeping an eye on it.
    1.68%

The poll is expired.

New poll
    Looks good Mr. Flippant. Should be interesting.
    My first and only digital system has been Carrera. I love It. Like most people I started with analog as a kid, but the digital technology has brought me back to slots after decades away.

Comment

Definitely should be interesting. We've already got a clear indication that SCI has a strong Carrera Digital community, in case anyone didn't already know that. Most SSD activity is elsewhere, but it's still pretty early in the polling.

Comment

Great new poll. So I did start with a set when I was a kid ,but didn't pick it back up until 2005 with my neighbor and some HO racing that got fast quick. He mentioned something about Digital so I looked into it and SCX was thought to be the one. I bought in hard. We raced on three tracks after meeting someone on the SCX Worldwide site and had a good time with good racing. With the SCX system your stuck with a number of issues from lap counting,quality issues and car conversions. I bought into Scalextric after looking at the availability and types of cars you can chip. The rest of the benefits come from the system and updates made to it. It is not without its own issues both track and base unit , but in my opinion is better. Remember I'm just saying. You must form your own opinion based on experience and SCX was my first system. Carrera looks very good as well.
        Dan
        Westfield International raceway. Tyco HO
        http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ictureid=50045
        Whip City SCX
        http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ictureid=50046
        Whip City Scalextric
        http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ictureid=62083
        Last edited by thumpa; 02-23-2016, 06:43 AM. Reason: Schmuck

Comment

Great poll, thanks for including the number of options. Next year I might have to add oXigen to Pro-X, DXXX and SSD.

Comment

How about starting a new poll that has both analog and digital options? That way everyone can vote on the track that they own.

Best regards,
            Brian

Comment

Anyone can start a poll. It's an option at the bottom of the "New Topic" screen, just above the submit button. I encourage you to make one for that purpose in the Tracks and Scenery forum. I do request that you give it a life-span, though, rather than allowing it to run indefinitely, if only because there may be new track options in the future.

This one was specifically for digital, which is why it's in the Digital forum.

Comment

I just bought a few of the scx wos race sets. I had scx digital a few years ago, than I sold all of it before the company went under. I like the new system and what they did with it. Now all I'm waiting for is the app coming out later this year.

Comment

I have experimented my way around several of the choices in this poll. I have built several analoge wood tracks over the years but lane changing is something I have always been intrigued by. I experimented with AC2car but found the plethora of slots cluttering the roadway and all of dead spots that go with the necessary crossing of slots not to my satisfaction. I tried Artin digital. I bought two sets when they were on fire sale at Wallyworld after Christmas that year. I was turned off by the excessive magnet required by the system to count laps. I even tried Wes Rayner's magnetic steer slotless system which I liked alot but found his cars to be too inflexible and limiting for modeling the cars I wanted to race. I have recently seen some upgraded chassis on Wes's Facebook page which look very promising in that regard. We's system once the wrinkles are ironed out is THE system to have in my book.

Last summer, through a series of trades and purchases, I came up with quite a lot of SSD track, cars chips etc, including a APB. I set up a 6X10 track which I have been playing with. I decided the system is good enough to go all in and will convert my landscaped wood track to SSD in the coming months. Nothing elaborate for now. I plan to simply gouge out large enough recesses in the road surface to install whole digital track pieces in my present track with only enough filling and rerouting to make the slots line up smoothly. The primary thing that brings me to digital is SSD's ghost car system in particular and in general digital's ability to run multiple cars on a scale width roadway.
                  Last edited by Nor Cal Mike; 02-28-2016, 09:30 AM. Reason: poor writing skills

Comment

I changed my Slotfire wooden track to Scorpius. That is the outer two lanes are now digital, the inner lane (it has three lanes) is analog so I don't need to chip every car before I can drive it and I can blueprint and test my competition cars.

Comment

I'd like to see some pictures of that it would be very interesting,

Rick

Comment

I recently switched to Carrera D132. I use it in 143 scale cars though to add a wrinkle to it. I built an analog Hybrid box so I have chipped the two lanes to run analog cars as well with refueling.
                        This makes it very versatile as I can continue to run my analog cars on the track.

I am liking the Carrera stuff. They have 143 scale LCs so it made sense to go with this brand for me. I had one set back with my pit LC electronics( DIY wiring issue probably), but this has been replaced and the set up is working flawlessly. Switching between digital and analog takes seconds so it is the best of both worlds

Recently I prepared a 132 car for the digital proxy, and was impressed by the design and build quality of the Carrera cars. They seem tough and built to last.

Comment

I have recently returned to the hobby and have all Carrera Digital 1/32 and love it. I never thought slot car racing would be so realistic.

Comment

I went with Scalextric for a couple reasons over Carrera. First off the cars are so easy to chip comparitively. Secondly the size of Carrera track allows for 1/24 but eats up too much real estate. About 10% more. I prefer the variation this small differance makes.

If digital was offered in HO scale I'd have likely gone with it over 1/32, as I spent a life time with HO. My aging eyes are most happy with the 1/32.

The lack of problems I seem to have had is minimal also compared against other systems. This could just be due to luck.

Comment

SSD at home, permanent plastic layout, Carrera D143 at my "work away" flat, permanent plastic layout. Played a little as a kid but really got back into it a couple of years ago when my wife bought me the Carrera Go Lightning MacQueen set (my choice ! ) as something to while a way the 4 week stints I have working am away from home. that was it, well and truly bitten by the bug. I like the 2 lanes/multiple cars that digital allows. To be honest, due to space /layout sizes I would probably have Carrera D143 at home and work if Carrera took this scale a little more seriously (still only 3 cars on two lanes). Thanks for thinking of the poll MrFlippant, great idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X