Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone getting missed laps with the Carson DPR chip?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone getting missed laps with the Carson DPR chip?

Anyone getting missed laps with the Carson DPR chip? Someone on another forum reported a few missed laps and was wondering if it was a fluke or not.

Best regards,
    Brian

I've got 5 Scaley's Carson chipped and no issues thus far.

Comment

I've noticed when ghost car racing, if getting too close behind a ghost car when crossing the start / finish line, my lap will sometimes not count.

Also, if implementing any sort of track call setup, be sure the cars don't coast across the start / finish line while the track power is cut.

Comment

It looks like I'm now experiencing what others may have experienced?

If the Carson "eye" is too close to the track (car sits very low) than the car has to be 100% straight when crossing the start finish line, else the lap will not count. The only other fix is to elevate the car off the track some.

When looking at Carrera cars, the "eye" is countersunk from the bottom of the chassis, which solves that issue.

Comment

Yup...

Originally posted by Drewbert34 View Post
          Also, if implementing any sort of track call setup, be sure the cars don't coast across the start / finish line while the track power is cut.
          On the track I run on we have noticed this as well. But it isn't limited to Carson decoders. Carrera decoders do that as well.

I wonder...
          New thread!!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbert34 View Post
            This is inherent in the design of the track system. When a car coasts across the S/F line during a track call, the simple solution is to just back up that car slightly behind the line before restarting the race. The car won't lose more than a few inches.

Comment

Working...
            X