Jumper tracks???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slotking View Post
    I also used 10 and 12 awg wire on my track.
    I'm sure that works just fine.
    Just maybe that's thicker than really necessary, but there's no disadvantage in that beyond the cost of thicker wire. While that thought might some help to somebody building a new track there's obviously no point in even thinking about changing your track.

Comment

I have seen a few UK clubs using Ethernet cables. How effective will they be?

The series I ran uses thick wire, but it has to be long because we go to so many different places and no two tracks are the same.

Would I be right in thinking the best location for short jumpers would be where different parts of the track are physically close, but a long way apart 'around the lap'?

Comment

Would I be right in thinking the best location for short jumpers would be where different parts of the track are physically close, but a long way apart 'around the lap'?
        Yes

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

eithernet cable is pretty thin ie, about 23 awg, but if they are using low amps, it may not matter.
            unless they have old thin cable whic still a thin 20awg.
            thicknet runs a heft 12awg

I used 10 and 12 because 1, it was tomy track and 2 we race 6 mag unlimited cars.

I figured I had a good setup when some of the top racers hit my track and asked if I was running 20volts or more. They were surprised I was at 18volts.

But I also had 68amps

Comment

"Yes, here is your driver station and the fourth alligator clip goes on your ankle. But don't worry, I tested the circuit breakers just last year..."--Da King

Comment

Thanks everyone.... I had already made jumpers with my 4 lane,

Soooo we r putting them in. Still curious to see if additional terminal tracks with power to them will do anything????? Off work today so will play around with it.

Comment

Just a note

once they are soldered on I then glue the wire back from the solder joint to the track to relieve pressure off of the solder joint

Comment

Originally posted by slotking View Post
                    Just a note

once they are soldered on I then glue the wire back from the solder joint to the track to relieve pressure off of the solder joint
                    K

Comment

Sorry I'm late to this party, but I wanted to post some AFX factory jumper tracks I've had. These are great for power jumping from one section of track to another. They are not permanently installed but are great when jumping is neccesary...

Comment

"Once [the jumper wires] are soldered on I then glue the wire back [a little ways] from the solder joint to the track to relieve pressure off of the solder joint."--Slot King

Sage advice from The King.

Comment

Sorry I'm late to this party, but I wanted to post some AFX factory jumper tracks I've had. These are great for power jumping from one section of track to another. They are not permanently installed but are great when jumping is neccesary...

Comment

Working...
                          X