Patto's decals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patto's decals

Need someone that orders from Patto's to order some for me. I do not have paypal. I can pay someone with a postal money order plus the shipping. Let me know if you can help. Thanks, Joe

You can pay by credit card.

Comment

Lots of cool decals there.
      The guy is doing himself a terrible dis-service by leaving vowels out of his product names.
      Makes people doing Google services unlikely to find them.

Comment

I assume that he is trying to avoid copyright and trademark issues.

Comment

That he is... once you see his system you can modify your search... has anyone ever had problems with customs?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Wallace View Post
            Need someone that orders from Patto's to order some for me. I do not have paypal. I can pay someone with a postal money order plus the shipping. Let me know if you can help. Thanks, Joe

Joe, what are you looking for. I have been ordering from Bruce for many years. maybe I have the sheets you're looking for? Gary

Comment

You're absolutely allowed to use vehicle names. There's nothing illegal about claiming "this decal fits an HO scale Pontiac Trans Am."
              Producing a copy of the vehicle itself is a different matter these days.

Comment

But the decals themselves may well be a big no-no?

Comment

Originally posted by NicoRosberg. View Post
                  But the decals themselves may well be a big no-no?
                  Yeah, I think that would be the concern.

Race cars in particular get plastered with advertiser's names and logos, and there could be an argument about copyright.

Comment

Right.

Since Bruce provides an amazing service I don't think any of us mind some missing vowels if it potentially keeps him able to do so.

I was on his site today. Never mind the quality, always good and frequently excellent, the sheer quantity he is able to make is staggering.

Comment

I didn't know his name was Bruce! Figures, though, in that part of the world ...

[YOUTUBE]qgKUHtcZEXc[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Some years ago one of the "local car manufacturers" threatened to take legal action over Bruce producing and advertising their race car decals,unless he payed a licensing fee. So after removing the decals from his listings for some time they did reappear with some different spelling. He then changed a lot of his listing names to avoid any possible problems in the future.

Comment

Always one whiner.
                          You'd think people would WANT their product names in people's houses.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDouglasJr View Post
                            Always one whiner.
                            You'd think people would WANT their product names in people's houses.

Of course they want their product names in people's houses. They also want to get paid for the use on said product names...

Comment

Originally posted by k0z0oo1 View Post
                              Of course they want their product names in people's houses. They also want to get paid for the use on said product names...
                              Yes, they do want to get paid. Heck, everyone wants to get paid.

But they're not entitled; companies put their names and logos on race cars in order to get exposure.

So for companies to expect revenues from models of 1:1 cars that those same companies paid the race teams in order to receive that exposure is patently ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X