Another IndyCar retro livery!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another IndyCar retro livery!!!

Thought I would try my hand at another retro livery on the 2018 FastBodies Indy Car. Always liked this scheme!!!

Last edited by fastlap; 09-05-2017, 02:44 PM.

Good looking retro!!! RM

Comment

Thanks RM!!!!

Going to get the driver painted tonight and the whole thing clearcoated.

Comment

Except for a little flat black touch up work, this is ready to run on the track!!! Fictitious helmet design with a Will Power stripe going down the middle. Target decals from IndyCals, helmet decals from Pattos sheet and some sloppy paintwork. This is the car I was trying to duplicate on the newer 2018 body style;

Last edited by fastlap; 09-06-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fastlap View Post
          some sloppy paintwork.
          That's the only kind of paintwork I can do! Nice job on this one, looks great!

I need to jump on that decal train one of these days. So much more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by el gecko View Post
            I need to jump on that decal train one of these days. So much more detail.

Next time you are over, we'll go through the decal "stash" and look for viable decals for you to use. Or, at least to practice with. The main downside to using decals on clear vacformed bodies is to watch for "silvering". I can show you examples when here. Or, place the decals on top of the body. But then you risk the decals coming off when the body flexes. Using decals on your hard bodies will be a piece of cake!!!! (Said in the best Yoda-type voice) "Once decals you start using, forever will it dominate your future. Hand-paint your numbers/sponsors again, you will not I fear."

Comment

Awesome!!!!!!

Comment

if you guys are looking to get "custom Decals I got a source and "She's" very cost effective. Her decals are self stick and durable.

Comment

Interesting, who is that?

Comment

Been off for a while; finally got around to looking at your thread, Gary, and of course, your favorite project (open wheel) is as always, outstanding!

That on an original Mega G LWB, or the bulkier Mega G+?

Don't recall if you have done this, but when you can (or when your track detail is complete), you need to do a few pictures of "fantasy grids" with all your cars by type.........

Comment

The MG+ is just too darn bulky!!!! And if you want to get something close, you got to lose the green wire. Here is a project I am working on, however, to keep things in some semblance of scale, the driver area will be the biggest problem. Otherwise your stuck with the high looking 3D renderings now available or the look of the DP01 Panoz from AFX. Too bulky and tall.

Last edited by fastlap; 09-09-2017, 10:57 AM. Reason: add photos

Comment

man, you sure had to hack out That beautiful thing! lol

Comment

Working...
                        X