No announcement yet.

Big Track Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a nice layout. MaxTrax sells the same configuration as the 4416-05. One of the HOCOC racers just bought one of those and it can be converted to an oval.

Comment

• Here is the track in its original configuration - the infield straights have since been lengthened. Thats Bill Gilmore in the white shirt on the left.
      Attached Files

Comment

• practice table.jpg

Cool track Mike. I hope you have tons of fun on it. I too am getting my track put back together in the new house. I have much more room for the big track than the last house. Got the LED lights up, and playing around with the table placement now

Attached Files

Comment

• Your basement is way tidier than my basement ..

Comment

• Thanks Gary - I'm looking forward to picking it up next weekend. While it isn't a big track, its going to kickstart THORN. Even though I haven't been hosting races, I've still been promoting and have a bunch of guys ready to get started. Its going to make a great home track )) I'll bet you're ready to get back on the F.I.R. too!

Comment

• Turns out the tool we need for the coppers Mike is called a Beta Dzus Head Screw Fastener.

Comment

• Interesting name. Guess I'll google it and see where I can find one. Thanks Deane!

Comment

• Beta is a manufacturer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Peterson View Post
                    Living the Dream! Nice Mike, Love the the big sweeper. That is a full power turn. When you see the car turning left Fn hammer Down. I'm telling ya don't be afraid, Hitting that turn just right will drop lap times by a tenth if not more. Looks to be about 2.7 lap with a stock ceramic. Close to 2. with some magnets and a motor. Good times. LMK if Im close with my guesses.
                    Want to respond to Eric's prediction on lap times on the Gilmore. Laps were run with a Viper V-1 right out of the box, with a 35 ohm Parma Econo controller. Brakes were not hooked up. I suspect with a better quality controller I could do better. I can gun it on the big sweeper as suggested, and about about halfway through the other before a let off for the hairpin immediately following the 2nd big turn.

Red Lane: 2.725
                    White Lane: 2.610
                    Blue Lane: 2,610
                    Yellow Lane: 2.790

Going to have to break down and shell out for a bells and whistles controller.

Comment

• Save some money, get a Truspeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X