Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amsra, I base my statement on the fact that it is tough for three out of four lanes, not just one.
    And there are no regulations in my world. As to the members of Ollie's mens club, I'm not comfortable putting their pictures out for the public to see. If you know what I mean! And who says they are re-enactors? There are real storm troopers in the woods. And when were you ever humble? I'm glad you liked the pictures!
    Hopefully you'll learn how to win here again, someday.
    don

Comment

• !!!

Very nice looking layout bmwm1.

Comment

• My new for today HO track
        3 foot x 6 foot homemade table stolen from my brother
        It was too cold in the basement so I moved the HO up to my bedroom
        Last edited by davidsky; 02-24-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• hey David nice start to your track and table! just one ? were did you find those two hot turn marshals ?

http://z9.invisionfree.com/CITRO/index.php

Comment

• Originally posted by jaybo View Post
            hey David nice start to your track and table! just one ? were did you find those two hot turn marshals ?

http://z9.invisionfree.com/CITRO/index.php
            Thanks, I get a feeling that the fit may not be right once I get track clips. Tomy track sits real loose so it's easy to get stuff to fit.
            The Artin 1/32 stuff is down stairs and back to full capacity. Layout is a bit precarious and needs to be shrunk a bit.
            Definitely have to get new controllers all around

Comment

• new track layouts

Here's a pic of my 1/32 layout

and my revised HO layout. I changed one of the 6 inch curves for 9 inch and got rid of a chicane

Previous HO layout

Comment

• Here are a couple of shots from our 1990/91 racing season. Pepper Speedways were owned by AMSRA charter member Doug Kohlhorst. A room filling tri-oval surrounded the infield road course. Both tracks were four lane Aurora A/FX track.

The sub-two second laps on the oval necessitated our club adopting the use of colored dots on the cars for ease of marshalling. Before then we just yelled out what color our deslotted car was on. Not very efficient for sure.

The real claim to fame of this track is the marshalling positions however. The four races run on this track had to be scheduled during warmer weather. See the windows in each shot? Yep--a marshall stood outside on a couple of cinder blocks, hanging through the window to re-slot cars. Imagine the view to those driving by on the street.

Comment

• Man your track brings back memories; I had the same layout back in the 80's and it was of the best layouts I ever had. Mine was a two lane afx track, mounted on two 8x4 tables, and I incorporated a 15" Daytona Bank turn at the end.

Comment

• memories

vbanks, you're right. Those photos really do bring back memories of my old track too! I will dig out some very old pics of the track I had from the late 70's to late 80's. These are all very cool tracks.

Comment

• Back in early January I got the itch to put up a permanent h.o. track.
                      I did a very simple layout, which I had posted about back on page 22 of this thread.
                      Once the layout was done I kind of got sidetracked as my better half thought it would be a good time to renovate the room that the track resided in. Well, when all was said and done, there was new paint on the walls, new flooring, new trim and all the cabinets refurbished. I must admit that it looks a whole lot better now.
                      Now that the room is done I can get back to messing around with the track itself. Since January I have been visiting alot of slotcar forums and I am truly amazed and inspired at what some have done with there layouts. It also made me realize how much of a newbie and an amateur I am at this stuff. I've got alot to learn, but having fun doing so.
                      Anyhow here are a few pics of what I have so far . . .

Room before renovation

After renovation

View of the long straight

View of the short L area

Lake area itself ... got some of that liquid water from woodland Scenics and will be doing alot more detail in this area

The pit area

Working on a picnic area right now, get hungry watching these races you know...

Thanks for looking and have a great day eh!
                      Dave Bort

Comment

• I like it!

Here's an update...this sectional stuff is fun...obviously, I am going for the look of a four lane...I will eventually make a 4 or 6 lane but for now just seeing what my track pieces can make...it's quite a challenge converting from AFX classic to new Tyco cliffhanger style track on the same layout. It's a blast with a pair of Wizzards too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bort View Post
                          Back in early January I got the itch to put up a permanent h.o. track.
                          Dave Bort
                          Amazing stuff, had you done this kind of scenic work before?

Comment

• All of these track layouts are quite an inspiration. I'll be using my Infinity and Super International as shown on the boxes until I move in May. By then I will have studied his forum and be ready to build my own custom layout. Thanks so much for the pictures, tips and insights!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bort View Post
                              Back in early January I got the itch to put up a permanent h.o. track.
                              I did a very simple layout, which I had posted about back on page 22 of this thread.
                              Once the layout was done I kind of got sidetracked as my better half thought it would be a good time to renovate the room that the track resided in. Well, when all was said and done, there was new paint on the walls, new flooring, new trim and all the cabinets refurbished. I must admit that it looks a whole lot better now.
                              Now that the room is done I can get back to messing around with the track itself. Since January I have been visiting alot of slotcar forums and I am truly amazed and inspired at what some have done with there layouts. It also made me realize how much of a newbie and an amateur I am at this stuff. I've got alot to learn, but having fun doing so.
                              Anyhow here are a few pics of what I have so far . . .

Room before renovation

After renovation

View of the long straight

View of the short L area

Lake area itself ... got some of that liquid water from woodland Scenics and will be doing alot more detail in this area

The pit area

Working on a picnic area right now, get hungry watching these races you know...

Dave Bort
                              dave, how the hell can you call yourself amateur? that looks awesome and inspiring... i hope to hell mine comes out looking 1/2 that good. amazing work amazing detail.

Comment

• Some pictures of my track

I only have space to set up a track on the floor at the moment - I guess I need to get a bigger place?

This is the track I designed and got track pieces for. It is loosely based on the Le Mans Bugatti circuit, not far from where I live.

There is a tight complex of hairpins, with the faster flowing section a real challenge - full throttle is rarely a possibility...

Running AW X-Tractions, the lap times are almost identical for the two lanes. For magnet cars, the outside lane is faster - but it does have a very difficult and dangerous (particularly for spectators) high-speed corner.

Lap counting and timing is via the Tomy Electronic Control Centre - shipped all the way from Australia.

Comment

Working...
                                X