This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaybo
    started a topic Post Pics Of Your Home Tracks.

Post Pics Of Your Home Tracks.

HERE IS MINE ! http://www.delvalleyspeedway.50megs.com/index.html
    CHECK OUT MY BUDDY LENS TRACK. WWW.SABATONA.COM ITS ONE OF THE SWEETEST SLOTCAR TRACKS YOU COULD EVER RACE ON ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT TO GO FAST !
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 10-29-2013, 08:25 AM.

• sopwith21
    replied
    Well, this is nothing compared to the amazing stuff you guys have on this thread, but it's a work in progress. And it's BIG. 14 foot straightaways.

Leave a comment:

• Castleton Motorsports
    replied
    Castleton Motorsports Park, located in Upstate SC. Four lanes, 10 amps of variable voltage track power, Trackmate timing and scoring system running Race Coordinator software.

Leave a comment:

• galerdude
    replied
    Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
    Dude, nice track there, great scenicking eh?
    Thanks! It's been a fun project!

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Originally posted by galerdude View Post
    My routed PVC Drag Racing track with continuous rail. Operational but not done
    Dude, nice track there, great scenicking eh?

Leave a comment:

• HObro
    replied
    Continuous rail, work in progress.

Leave a comment:

• galerdude
    replied
    My routed PVC Drag Racing track with continuous rail. Operational but not done

Last edited by galerdude; 03-12-2019, 06:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Silver69
    replied
    Originally posted by jmorris View Post
    Thanks. Alot of nice looking tracks on here. I had a heck of a time trying to post the picture LOL. Now if someone has an idea of a simple pit bays or something. As you can see I made a place for one.
    Your configuration is similar to mine.
    I recently added a pit lane.
    http://

Leave a comment:

• Maddman
    replied
    Originally posted by HObro View Post
    Anyone know if in all of these "pics of tracks" postings...has anyone done a continuous rail track. ?? (Not a routed track, but continuous rail into existing plastic track)

Thanks!

Its been done. A Minneapolis racer nicknamed "Chaindrive" could take AFX track and work magic with it. Much shimming, bondo and others. When done the track had glued, honed continuous rail as well. When it was done you would swear that it was a one piece routed PVC track.

Leave a comment:

• jmorris
    replied
    Thanks. Alot of nice looking tracks on here. I had a heck of a time trying to post the picture LOL. Now if someone has an idea of a simple pit bays or something. As you can see I made a place for one.

Leave a comment:

• gt7ball
    replied
    Very nice fast looking track. i like the clean look also.

Leave a comment:

• jmorris
    replied
    [ATTACH]race track.JPG[/ATTACH] Here is my track i just redid. no more grass or rocks but I kind of like the clean look.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    That looks great! I love the "unobtrusive" watermark that Photobucket now adds to our pictures. Maybe it is time to switch to another hosting site like Imgur.

Leave a comment:

• vaBchRog
    replied
    [QUOTE=gokartride;121518]

Love the hay stacks. Very nice track

Leave a comment:

• NCSS
    replied
    So right before the database Apocalypse I posted some gallery pics of our newly refurbished track, but the post was apparently wiped out. For a while I thought I had done something wrong and destroyed the entire site. ;-)

Those pics are still in my gallery under "2018 track pics" if anyone is interested, don't have it in me at the moment to re-create the post.

The layout is still the Ravinia 35 from ho slot car racing dot com, but the entire table top was re-done with an eye to "practical" landscaping. Some grass, some trees, a pit lane and building, barriers. And of course billboards.

Added a race director's shelf and new controller holders made from exotic scraps of someting called "PVC pipe" painted black.

Also made lots of catch fencing painted silver using Ye Olde Gutter Guard, zip ties and wire. Anyhow, nothing against the cheap astro-turf I used previously but I did smile as I threw it out of the truck at the materials collection center. ;-)

I am now a fan of Woodland Scenics vinyl train grass mat and proprietary glue, it's so easy to use, if a tad pricey. Anyhow, this is the biggest refurbishment of our track to date so I thought I would post. Happy racing and good luck to the poor, poor database.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X