Wizzard Slot Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizzard Slot Cars

I have a modded wizzard scorpion slot car, i never used it yet, i got it from a friend, i was wondering what kind i should get, a scorpion or a storm, and what mods should i do to the second one, as i want to have a backup, or maybe use the black one as my backup. thanks jeff

I don't have enough information to answer your question properly. I presume you want a second car that is equal in performance to the Storm. The Storm is the latest Wizzard car, on my track it would be about a couple of tenths of a second per lap faster than an equivalent Scorpion. Wizzard cars come in many levels performance. The low end car has rubber tires, ceramic magnets and a nominal 6 ohm armature. As you go up the ladder you can add silver plated electrical parts, stronger magnets, rewound armatures, silicone on spoinge tires, etc. to enhance the performance. Either the base model Storm or Scorpion should be considerably faster than say, a Mattel/Tomy car using the same tires. A good Tomy will turn my track in about 3.3 seconds, a Scorpion would do 2.7 seconds and a Storm would be good for 2.5 seconds.

Comment

I've got Wizzard Patriots 1 and 2, a Scorpion and a Storm. I like the Storm the best, it seems to run the smoothest on my home track. I seem to have more variable control over the speed. My Patriots are either running full blast or not at all, the Scorpion is somewhere in between. This all might be happening because of my controller, I use stock tyco and mattel controllers.. I don;t know. All I know is that on my set up Storms run the best.

Comment

Controller for Wizzard cars

If I were using a resistor controller with a Wizzard car it would be a 25 ohm model for the entry level cars and maybe a 15 ohm for the hotter ones.

Comment

Wizzard Cars

Well, which is better a scorpion or a storm, stock, and it will be highly modified when i am done, i have a 15 ohm controller right now for my black scorpion, and i have a 25 and a 45 for my t-jet 500's and my x-traction's that i drive for fun. thanks jeff

Comment

Re: Wizzard Cars

The Scorpion is an older design. It was updated with minor revisions for better performance and called the Storm.

Comment

The minor revision was a 30% increase in downforce due to a larger traction magnet footprint, and a lower center of gravity.

Comment

Please allow me to re-phrase to my previous post to "major revisions" to satisfy the politically sensitive types among us, that might have percieved that as a slight....Oh brother, get a life!

Comment

:lol

Comment

Nothing political here, just mentioning what exactly was done to the car.

Comment

Well, i bought a blue storm last night, and what kind of upgrades should i put on it, i would like to put a silver wiring system in it, and a green amature in at least, maybe some gen 2 motor magnets and chassis magnets, what else should i upgrade to have a sick race storm?

Comment

Just a few things to think about

SP05 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp GREEN WIRE PATRIOT/TYCO ARMATURE &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1 Each&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 12.00

E70&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Big feet Electrical Kit (E08, E57, E61, E71, E72, & E75)&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1 Kit&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 11.00

MHP55A &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp P3 GENERATION II POLY.MOTOR MAGNET &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1 Pair&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 30.00

FR74 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp P3 IND.FRONT SET ALUMINUM RIMS &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1 Set&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 6.00

RR360&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp RADICAL RADIAL - NARROW SUPER SILICONE SPONGE
                        &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp TIRES ON .360 OD RIMS-PERFECT FOR THE STORM CAR&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1 Pair&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 8.00 .458 Red

RGP08 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 8T PRO PREDATOR PINION GEAR &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1 Each&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 2.00

RGP23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 23T PRO PREDATOR CROWN GEAR &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1 Each&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 3.00

RA05 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Splined Hardened Rear Axle&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1 Each&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 4.00

NEW GENERATION POLYMER TRACTION MAGNETS FOR THE STORM

Comment

I have a lot of cars with Greenwire arms and they do give you a big bang for your buck, however if you ever expect to race the car you should be aware that the rules for the Modified class only allow arms down to 3 ohms. Greenwire arms are a bit lower and would not be legal. Greenwire arms do not have high temperature wire, so they can cook in a flash. You have to be careful with the brush tension and gear mesh or the motor will overheat.

Comment

Probably better off with a custom arm, say, a 7 - 35, last longer, less heat. And a rocket

Comment

and also in modified you are only allowed to use ceramic motor magnets.The generation II motor magnets are very good for restricted open racing

Comment

Working...
                              X