latest Cobra Daytona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest Cobra Daytona

Picked up a couple of these today at a local hobby store.
    Looks nice, glad to add to my collection.
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 03-22-2019, 06:34 AM.

Nice! One to hold on to and one to race or sell in the future. You never know, may be worth as much as the Red Bull Mega G one day!!

Comment

wouldn't that be nice!

Comment

So what is the Red Bull Mega G going for these days?

Comment

There’s one up for grabs right now for $385.00 on pFlay!!

Comment

I like what AFX are doing with these 'obscure' liveries. This and the Bonneville car are both the original prototype chassis CSX2287 that finished its racing career at Le Mans in June 1965, only to be dragged to Bonneville in the November to set sixteen national and seven international land speed endurance records on the salt. Jim Russell bought the car (for $4,500) a few months later and it was used as a promotional vehicle for Russkit slot cars. It's a story that is best told in Peter Brock's magnificent book on the Shelby Daytona Coupe, with some nice info on the Simeone Collection website - the museum where CSX2287 resides today. I was lucky enough to see the real car in Philadelphia last year, bought the AFX version at the Maryland swapmeet and wrote an article about the Bonneville adventure for Slot Car Magazine in January.

Comment

How is AFX/Racemasters doing anyhow? I see a lot of stuff appears to be back in stock at their web site, so that seems like a positive sign. Just wondering, as I'm certainly a fan.

Comment

I have a Red Bull Mega-G. Its out of the package but otherwise is in mint condition. I know that out of the package drops the price. Wonder what's its worth?

Comment

Originally posted by NCSS View Post
                  How is AFX/Racemasters doing anyhow? I see a lot of stuff appears to be back in stock at their web site, so that seems like a positive sign. Just wondering, as I'm certainly a fan.
                  We are doing just fine. We had a great year in 2018 and so far 2019 is going well. Just released 4 new single cars and we have a new set coming in June. There are numerous other things in the works, just can't talk about them yet. Thanks for asking.
                  [email protected]

Comment

If you think HO cars are going for extravagant prices, check out that book.
                    Lowest price on the auction site is $941, all the way up to $2500. Yowza.

Comment

It's a very nice book though - works out a mere $2 a page... It was $100, I think, when it was published, so no cheap paperback even then.

Comment

Working...
                      X