No announcement yet.

Managing A Large Gathering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This probably wont help because of the space, but I have run several race nights at my church with around 30+ people. I set up an auto world drag strip on a seperate set of tables with about 25 cars to run. It was a big hit with the kids and adults , kept everyone busy and entertained.

Comment

Two tracks would be my suggestion also, but if that isn't possible...

You could set up an small oval of plastic track for folks who want to set up and tune their cars. Could be a very short track, maybe only two lanes. But it would be very good to have lap counting and timing. You wouldn't need a full-up race controller. You can get simple counters and timers off eBay.

Plastic track might not be a good solution if the actual racing is being done on a routed track with deep slots. But an oval is easy to rout on a single piece of MDF, so that might be your fix.

Ed Bianchi

Comment

I've found that spiking the food and beverage with a mild sedative work well with the exception of Richard. It just seems to make him hyper.

But seriously, multiple tracks are a good thing, as it gives the people not racing something to do. Adequate food and beverage is a given. Creature comfort is often overlooked. A comfortable temperature in the racing environment is generally welcome. And trust me, you can not have too much lighting both for the track surface as well as the pit areas. Comfortable pit areas also help promote some great armchair racing.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonbusa View Post
          This probably wont help because of the space, but I have run several race nights at my church with around 30+ people. I set up an auto world drag strip on a seperate set of tables with about 25 cars to run. It was a big hit with the kids and adults , kept everyone busy and entertained.
          I think this is absolutely the way to go.

Build a track in a public venue that is bigger than people could have at home.

Comment

Working...
          X