1969 Chaparral 2H - The White Whale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 Chaparral 2H - The White Whale

Here's another 3D printed design in the works for a friend/customer who is going to use it as a buck to vacuum form lexan bodies... the 1969 Chaparral 2H.

I guess at 1/64th scale, it could be called the "White Minnow". A cool design, even if it didn't amount to much on the track.

Here's the main symmetrical portion of the body laid out so far:

Very cool! Chaparrals are always an interesting subject and this one is quite unique.

I'm considering doing that car also but not being into 3D printing it will be done by hand starting with an AFX Shadow body, cutting away and adding plastic as needed. Haven't quite determined how to do the "glass" windows and windscreen just yet but I'll try some things when this project gets going.

Saw the real thing at Laguna Seca in the day, it didn't start the race due to "engine problems" as I recall but that was the only race where it appeared with that huge almost sprint car like wing.

I'll be very interested to see how yours comes out.

Karl

Comment

Would love to see this in 1/32 ad 1/24 scale...

Comment

Double post. delete id need be

Comment

Originally posted by DVD3500 View Post
          Would love to see this in 1/32 ad 1/24 scale...
          At one time I had a Strombecker rendition of this car in 1/32 that was molded in red for some weird reason. The only thing all Chaparrals had in common was that they were white!

You can google image search on Strombecker Chaparral and see what it looked like. Pretty toy-like as Strombecker and Eldon cars tended to be.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterMcCoy View Post

At one time I had a Strombecker rendition of this car in 1/32 that was molded in red for some weird reason. The only thing all Chaparrals had in common was that they were white!

You can google image search on Strombecker Chaparral and see what it looked like. Pretty toy-like as Strombecker and Eldon cars tended to be.

Scott
            Yes, I've seen pics of the Red Whale... still looked pretty cool! Once I'm done modeling it for HO, I could easily scale it up to other scales if you guys tell me what wheelbase and overall width you'd need it at. Though I have no idea what the print costs would be for the larger scales.

Comment

Here's the latest work-in-progress:

Comment

Working...
              X