Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70 ohm controller, plus this car i have says MR-1 on it...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic 70 ohm controller, plus this car i have says MR-1 on it...

70 ohm controller, plus this car i have says MR-1 on it...

contorller - i had to take apart 1 of my 2 controllers, both stock tyco controllers, both contain 70 ohm resistors. should i be using 60 ohm? will this hurt my 440X2's and what not?

car - i believe this car is an HP7, but for some reason it is rediculously faster than all my cars (440X2's, and my fasttracker). The windings in the armature-(spelling?) are bluish green, and not red like all my other cars. This car is much faster than any of my cars. Not only on acceleration and top speed but on sticking to the track as well, its unreal compared to my other cars. On the chassis is written "MR-1". I bought this car from a friend, he has given me no info on it, so i dont know its origin. Any ideas on what this might mean? Could it just be an HP7 with an armature?

Guest replied
    Controllers

A higher ohm controller won't affect top speed of a car. The higher ohmage the resistor in the controller, the wider range of speeds (from total stop to top speed) you'll have. For magnet cars, a 45ohm controller is good. But if you have tjets and Afx magnatractions, at least 60 will be needed to make your way around the turns. Controllers don't hurt cars.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Controllers Can't hurt your car

ok so you're saying that i can buy a 45 ohm controller, use it with my stock cars, and they will go faster, but no damage will be done?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Controllers Can't hurt your car

No, controllers can't hurt the cars. The larger the ohms, the more acceleration curve from stop to full speed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: 70 ohm controller, plus this car i have says MR-1 on it.

will a 45 ohm controller hurt stock motors on tyco track?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Marchon

Marchon did release a chassis that is a copy of the Tyco HP-7. This is the only chassis that will accept Tyco bodies (wide-pan chassis bodies only, like Nascar, Lola T260, Ferrari F-40, and others. Just look for similiar mounting posts inside the body).

Other Marchon chassis only accept Marchon bodies.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

BOTH CARS I HAVE ARE THE BLUE WIRE.
    I HAVE A NEW ONE COMING IN THIS WEEK .
    MAYBE IT WILL HAVE THE BLUE WIRE TOO.:rollin
    DO OTHER BODYS FIT THESE CHASSIS.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I DON'T HAVE PICS BUT I DO HAVE TWO CARS .
    AND I 'M GOING NOW TO CHECK THE ARM FOR COLOR.
    THE BODY OF THESE CARS ARE A BIT BIG ( NOT IN SCALE).
    I HAVE ALSO POSTED A ?? ON MARCHON TRACK
    I STOPPED USING TYCO TRACK FOR MARCHON .
    AND THE TRACK WORKS GREAT FOR ME.:rollin

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

MR-1 is Marchon based, but the only versions I've seen with the blue windings were the English version. Is there any writing on the chassis? Got a photo?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

IS THE MR-1 A MARCHON CAR.
    ALOT OF GUYS BASH THESE CARS BUT YOU CAN'T GET AROUND THE FACT THAT THEY HAUL ***.
    AND DO STICK TO THE TRACK.:rollin

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The 70 ohm controller won't hurt anything, it merely has a higher initial resistance than a lower -ohmed unit. You will like the way a 45 ohm controller runs your inline-motored slotcars, but the 70 is okay and fine.

The MR-1 with a blue winding is a MicroScalextric from England. It should be fast and pretty glued to the track, with rather large, nickel-plated traction magnets.

:smokin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X