Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of chassis fits the Tyco Datsun 280Z Camel body?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of chassis fits the Tyco Datsun 280Z Camel body?

I just know that with all the HO slotheads here, someone just has to know the answer to this one off the top of their head.

I recently bought one of these bodies in pristine shape on eBay (including the spoiler--most I've seen on eBay don't even come with it). My problem is I have no idea what kind of chassis it needs. I do know that it is not a 440 or 440-X2.

This body is so nice that I wouldn't even consider "altering" it to fit a newer or faster chassis--I would like to mount it on whatever chassis it originally came with. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: What type of chassis fits the Tyco Datsun 280Z Camel bod

Macanudo, I think it WAS a 440... I just looked up that cool little car on HOSLOTCARS.com, and that list shows it as a "440 loose". If it fits a 440, that means it also fits HP7, most TycoPro and, of course, the X2's. It looks to me like a narrow, indy-style chassis, is that right?

Comment

What type of chassis fits the Tyco Datsun 280Z Camel body?

That body takes a Tyco 440-X2 SLIM Chassis.

A 440-X2 Pan or HP7 will not fit.

Comment

440-X2 Slim Chassis

Some other cars that have the slim chassis are the Tyco 70's Corvettes, Lamborghinis, and I think the 70's Camaros. If you have any of these cars you can try their chassis.

I just thought of something else, the Tyco F1s use the slim chassis also.

Good luck,
        Mike U

Comment

EBasil,

I just read the end of your reply. I didn't notice that you also mentioned the narrow chassis before I replied. I had that car and am sure it is the narrow or slim 440-X2.

Comment

Macanudo
            He he, that's a good one EBasil... :lol

Yes, it does appear to be a slimmer body, with two wide tabs underneath that I was not familiar with. Sure enough, I do not have a slim 440 or slim 440-X2 chassis, only the pan style, so I was jumping the gun in ruling them all out. But that is great news that I can stick a 440-X2 chassis under the body!

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
            X