Help on HUGE collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on HUGE collection

I have been contacted by a person with a HUGE collection of mostly H.O. scale slots, dating mostly through the early 70's and into the 80's. Most are Tyco, AFX, and Aurora. There are approx. 500 cars and several boxes of track, switches, controllers, buildings, and accessories. Also included are a few complete sets, with gray track, cranes, dump trucks, and a boxed data control center. Most of these cars are either unplayed with, or just lightly played with. No junk. I am looking to make an offer on the lot, and without going through the complete inventory list, seperating out tougher cars, what would be your guess as to what would be a good price to pay for these? I don't need to double my money, but would like to make a nice profit, while offering them all for sale individually.
    Any help is appreicated. When and if I do purchase these, they will ALL be for sale at The Toy Peddler.

Paul

Update. I can understand why the lack of posts, no problem. I have been in contact with Ken, and he gave me his perspective on this lot. It looks like I will be buying it, and hopefully be able to offer the cars and accessories at a reasonable price. I won't have it in hand for a few days, since it has to be shipped, but if there is interest, I can post when I start listing the cars.
    Paul

Comment

Another option would be to act as a broker for the owner of the items.
      You sell the items for the owner and take a cut of the total....
      Scott

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Scott, but it is usually easier for me to just buy outright, which I did with these.
        These will be shipped to me in the next few days, and ALL will be available for sale at www.thetoypeddler.com starting some time next week.
        Paul

Comment

I just got my first batch in. 120 cars in this lot. Mostly unplayed with. Most are Tyco HK, some are AFX. It looks like they are from the 70's and a few early 80's. I will do my best to price them and start listing them today. I will probably have some to list everyday over the next few weeks.
          Paul
          www.thetoypeddler.com

Comment

Working...
          X