Which car should AFX do to accompany the GT40s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Bob at C&R Racing,
    First and foremost, thanks and congratulations for bringing one of the most memorable race cars designs to market. If not for the efforts of those who cast-resin (or maybe do Lexan), we would never see these bodies in our "favorite scale" (due to licensing issues)........

Looking at the "side-on" picture, it appears the wheels don't center within the wheel wells, so my question is what chassis were these designed to fit on? RichD opened his own thread with a painted example, mounted on a BSRT "G-Jet" (essentially a Super G+ chassis), in SWB mode. Your picture appears to have a "Body in white" on a Mega G 1.5......

My own two examples of this iconic race car (one-offs by my bud Fastlap) are made for a longer wheelbase. The two in this picture are mounted on the TYCO 440X2 LWB, but my next pair will go on the Mega G 1.7:

As you can see, even on the 440X2 chassis, these bodies (the real P3 & 4 were at 38 inches, TWO inches lower than the Ford GT40) sit quite low:

Last edited by Speedhoppy; 02-04-2018, 01:33 PM. Reason: Pictures added

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dan View Post
      Much agreed !!

917 Porsche redone in High Def !!

Oh would that be so cool !!

The Porsche 917 was done in high def...

It's called a Tyco...

Comment

• TYCO Porsche 917K

Originally posted by Ntxslotcars View Post
        The Porsche 917 was done in high def...

It's called a Tyco...

While the body seems nice, they seem to have done the engine detail (on top) incorrect.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Ntxslotcars View Post

It's called a Tyco...

Where can you purchase these mint in large numbers though?

Comment

• I periodically go back through old threads, just to see if I missed a piece of information, or to update some older threads of mine with pictures that seemed to have disappeared over time (asking the moderators about that now).

Anyway, I was reviewing this longtime thread (thanks for starting, Nico), and I was looking at the last poll shown, and the car bodies being recommended to "follow" the Ford GT MK. II (as I said, this is an OLD thread) by Tomy. At the top is the Lola T70 Coupe, with 108 votes. What SURPRISES me, the the car in 2nd. place, with 55 votes: The 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB!

Does anybody but me find this odd? I saw this car mentioned very early in the thread, but throughout the postings, most everybody puts the 1966 Ferrari P3 or '67 P4. Since the Ferrari front-engined GT cars with a racing history/pedigree would be the GTO (1962-65), or the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 "Daytona" (1968-73), why did THIS particular car generate so much interest on this survey? Did voters mistake this for another Ferrari?

Anybody that has the answer (or wants to volunteer their idea), please share..........
            Last edited by Speedhoppy; 03-07-2018, 06:17 PM. Reason: Additional text

Comment

• It's been almost 11 years.

Ask the person who put up the poll why they included that car. People voted only on the choices made available to them in that poll. 10+ years ago would have been the time to submit other entries, such as those you mentioned above.

Maybe it's just about what looks cool as a slot car. I don't think most consumers really care much about the accuracy of what two cars would actually race on the same track in real life.
              Dads just buy a slot car set for the kids and chuck it down the stairs hoping they will stay in the basement long enough so he can stay upstairs and watch some adult entertainment on his laptop.
              Last edited by JimDouglasJr; 09-16-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Jim, I was surprised to see a response to my question; I posted this back in March of this year.

While I am sure you are right that most consumers don't care about what car, the point is, this survey was posted on a site that hobbyists/historical enthusiasts ARE being asked, so both accuracy and historical perspective SHOULD matter. It apparently mattered enough to Racemasters, as they have been releasing sets where cars are natural rivals (Camaro vs. Mustang; Audi R10 Vs. Peugeot 908).Even the recent release of the "new" Ford GT was supposed to be paired with a Lamborghini it races against; that was only delayed due to not getting final clearing from the company.....

Hopefully, Racemasters will continue the process of releasing cars with at least one natural competitor, which I have suggested to Steve Russell since the release of the Cobra Daytona & Ford GT MK.II. These were both interesting and desirable cars, but in the case of the Cobra, no competitor was ever made (it also ended it's racing career in 1965, never racing with the Ford MK.II that was released). The Ford GT Mk.II from 1966 DID get a competitor (Chaparral 2D), so Racemasters fulfilled that notion.

If it didn't matter, then we would be inundated with bodies such as the PT Cruiser.............

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedhoppy View Post
                  I was surprised to see a response to my question; I posted this back in March of this year.
                  This 10+ year old Thread has an open Poll attached, so it may be that someone passing through just voted and moved on without replying, bumping the thread to the top. This happens a lot, usually with new members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                    This 10+ year old Thread has an open Poll attached, so it may be that someone passing through just voted and moved on without replying, bumping the thread to the top. This happens a lot, usually with new members.

I was referring to Jim Douglas and his response up above, not any additional voting that may have occurred.

Comment

• Funny how this post keeps popping up; somebody must have voted again!

Judging by the votes, we need a Lola T70 in both roadster & coupe configurations. If not from Racemasters, how about a cast-resin version?

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedhoppy View Post
                        Funny how this post keeps popping up; somebody must have voted again!

Judging by the votes, we need a Lola T70 in both roadster & coupe configurations. If not from Racemasters, how about a cast-resin version?
                        I was considering asking the guys who did my P4 and Aston Martin DBR1 to do these, but I found out that someone else is already working on them. No sense two of us doing the same thing...

Bob

Comment

Working...
                        X