Faster cars than Mega-Gs around $40?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faster cars than Mega-Gs around $40?

Guys I just got back into hobby, got the mega g's ran them silly this weekend.
    I would like more speed. I know it costs more money, but it would be nice to also be able to get parts for it too.

What should I be looking at. If faster they must hold on too. I have gel claws on and still want more.
    Bsrt? Wizard? Hc? Yeah I've been googlin.
    Mike

The best car out there for speed vs cost would be the BSRT 902 car $36.95 You just cannot beat it for the money! They will absolutely destroy a Mega -G!

Comment

Originally posted by blade View Post
      The best car out there for speed vs cost would be the BSRT 902 car $36.95 You just cannot beat it for the money! They will absolutely destroy a Mega -G!
      That's what I'm talking about. The mega g is smokin fast too. Destroy.

Comment

The Wizzard equivalent is probably a STORM or PATRIOT Extreme, around $35 I think in your neck of the globe.

Query: what power supply and voltage are you running them at?
        We ran box stock Mega 1.5's at 18V(regulated) on a Maxtrack, very quick.
        Might be a handful on smaller Tomy track.

Another option is tune your Mega G's to the Nth degree, see how much more you can get out of a standard motor.
        A set of Super Tires/rims will lower it to whatever degree you desire, an indi front end would help too.
        If you can tune it to where it won't crash, turn up the power

Have you got a lap counter/timer yet?

Comment

Wizzard Storm Extreme #WSE01 @37.95 would be a good choice,plus you won't need to find a body for it as it comes with one!

Comment

Originally posted by Bananasmoothie1975 View Post
            The Wizzard equivalent is probably a STORM or PATRIOT Extreme, around $35 I think in your neck of the globe.

Query: what power supply and voltage are you running them at?

Have you got a lap counter/timer yet?
            Mega g runs at around 16-18V on 4x8foot track. Here is track, we run trackmate pwr. We have IR timer.

Fastest mega g without body and gel claws can run just under 3.00sec/lap, with body and tires around 3.889.

Comment

The Storm Extreme is a good car. It has what is called a lexan body. If your just getting into the hobby and not much expererance in tuning with tires and adjustments than the extreme will need alittle time to get used to.
              The 902 I think comes with bonded magnets which is a step up in speed just like the Storm Extreme. Slotech has a car that will equal this speed as well. You may find the cost to be a touch higher. These cars you will be able use some of the AFX and Tyco bodies out there.
              There is a man in Va that molds hardbodies that mount on the Wizzard cars as wizzard does not offer anything in hard plastic to cover the chassis. Look for BRP racing. Very cool Nascar stuff. They come in colors but will need to be decorated. There are decals for just about any race team past and present. BRP very nice and very racy cool.
              Hope that gives enough info that your looking for.
              Last edited by Eric Peterson; 12-21-2010, 07:17 AM.

Comment

You can re-gear your MEga-G which could help, and put on some silicone sponge tires.

Also just going to a car that uses a lexan body will help much more than you realize, big weight savings.

Ditta what is said about BRP, I get to race with Tom Bowman, A++ by anybody's standards!

Comment

The Wizzard chassis win for me because they are so easy to tear down. When we first started using them here, it was because the year before I had noticed a few of the guys had been buying them as they were easy to obtain via ebay at a good price. When we added the class, I got four club cars and the easy tear down was appreciated!

On outright pace, on our tracks (which are somewhat outside the norm) the BSRT cars are a little ahead of the Slottech, followed by the WHP.

Have you seen the Harden Creek article where Terry F turns the Mega in a missile?

Comment

Guys I just got back into hobby, got the mega g's ran them silly this weekend.
                    I would like more speed. I know it costs more money, but it would be nice to also be able to get parts for it too
                    before buying anything else

put some time into the mega g

1, slip on silicone tires is a start, makes the car faster IE.. better handling
                    cause if you drag race them the mega may win!

soften up the shoe tension some and restrict the shoe travel some.
                    lower the front tires or put a after market front on it!

I am sure you can have a car that competes with any other car out there (with a stock arm)

Comment

Mega G cars have powerful, but relativly small magnets. The magnets in the aftermarket cars are huge and the cars will have more downforce than a Mega G, everything else being equal. The intent with the Mega G was to make a car that is closer to scale, even if that meant some loss in performance.

Comment

Just make sure you choose a body that is really bright, or you won't see anything running around that track!

Comment

Left4dead,
                          All cars mentioned are excellent cars. If you want a faster car that also handles better, I would go with a Tomy Super G Plus or the BSRT 902 car. These two cars are multi functional. Both of these cars have easy snap on Tomy( Not Mega G long base) hard bodies available for the cars. The cars do not require that you remove any material from the chassis to switch over to hard bodies.The BSRT also has holes in the chassis were screw in light weight body tubes can easily be istalled for a lexan body. Just unscrew and remove and you can go right back to the snap on Tomy body. Also many of the older Aurora AFX bodies will fit either chassis without the need to remove/cut/grind any material from the existing chassis.

Comment

I thought about you yesterday John. Made me smile. I saw the clip on yellow shades you busted me about. Had they a made in the US of A on on them, they would have been yours.

I think the slot tech car is the chassis that needs to be cut on the molded body mounts. The BSRT car needs the mounting of body tubes and removal.
                            BRP body requires no cuting. Seems to me the Wizzard chassis has the pop on and off body.
                            But anyhow.
                            Super gs are pretty cool and when you get a good one, it will be your favorite car to run.
                            Learn that Mega. Are you using the 1.7 or the shorter 1.5?

Comment

I think the the key is he not getting the max performance out of the mega, it would be the same for any toy car!

but some tire adjustments can make a lot of toy cars perform much better!

before spending more money on other cars, i think dialing in the mega-g would give a lot of bang for the buck and make him happy

When I simply lowered my mega-g by going to slip on silicone tires the performance difference was huge! this does not include adjustment to the shoes or front tires!

Comment

Working...
                              X