AFX Mega G till she blowes-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFX Mega G till she blowes-up

I'm doing an endurance run with a brand new AFX Mega G,on my banked speedway, at 12 volts.I'ts been 3 hours now.Some wear on shoes but everything else looks good.I'll keep you a"ll posted.What do you thing will happen?

You'll grind a hole thru the shoes.

Comment

A fantastic break in!

Jim Norton
      Huntsville, AL

Comment

UP DATE on mega G endurance Run

Hour, 4 car runing good.Oiled car,back on the track.The track is a banked speedway called Key Lime Speedway.The car is a AFX mega G 1.5,with a Ford GT40MkII, lite blue.There is some wear on the shoes.

Comment

yeah the shoes will die before the car does........ way before

Comment

AFX Mega G Running For 5 Hours

Mega G going non stop for 5 hours.It goes 1 real mile every 2 hours.So far its gone 2.5 miles and still going.W'll keep you a'll up dated.

Comment

Sweet test

Comment

It takes 2 hours to travel 5280ft?
                I saw a track pinned on a wall at a slot car show.The car ran up and down for days.

Comment

pretty cool

Comment

Number of laps in one minute X ft of track X 60 divided by 5280, one real mile. You will be happy.

Comment

Very interesting idea/test Miami. Am interested to hear how long the shoes held up or if the car had other problems. Your idea could be expanded for different people to run the test on a set track configuration with different chassis all running stock. Would provide an interesting guide to what chassis are the "stayers" with stock configuration/parts.

Thanks,
                      Michael.

Comment

This is going to sound like a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway . You say you are running it on an oval . Is it safe to assume you are running in a counter-clockwise direction where the car is always "turning" left ? If so , would it be difficult to reverse the power and run them for a while in the other direction ?
                        One of the sort of common complaints with the MG's has been the failure or loss of the crown gear mesh . I believe if the car is always turning left the side load on the rear axle will be such that this will never have a chance to show up . Personally i would hope you wouldn't have a failure but where this has been a fairly common complaint , testing for it seems like a fair idea .

Just a thought ,
                        Durf

Comment

mega G test at key lime speedway

Between midnight and 4:00am the car stopped.I checked the shoes they were worn less than half way.Gave the car a push and it took off.The gears were a little louder but she ran fine.I think I'll use mega G 's,for my clubs nascar races in south florida.There was frost on the ground this morning in Miami.

Comment

Once you get grooves in the shoes they can loose contact with the rails, even if they are not worn all the way through. Remove the shoes, sand them flat and see if the car runs better. Mega G shoes seem to last a long time compared to the regular copper shoes used in many cars. I see that the HO Slot Car Racing site now has packages with three pairs of shoes. Both the long and short shoes are available. Other suppliers should have the shoes by now, they have been a long time coming.

Comment

Working...
                            X