Merry Christmas = Slot Cars!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas = Slot Cars!

I sure have a cool wife! For my birthday she bought me all sorts of sweet bling for my snow machine (mobile for all you folks in the lower 48). Most of my friends get ties and chore related gifts. NO soft packages or hidden agendas from my gal. Now to top it for Christmas, I find a Super International under the tree for my Christmas AND 6 cars!

We built a 4x8 table in the shop and covered it with putting green, put up borders and all! Christmas Eve it was 4 four of us in the shop racing 4 lane fun. Alas, it got really cold here and we had to abandon shop! At -20F and colder it was just too much for the heater to overcome. So, the track came in and the it took over the bedroom. We had a 8x3 fold up table, tossed on the tablecloth and voila, we had the Master Speedway.

We raced this one for a while and it was a bit crash prone, so version 2 came about.

Very fun, but haven't raced it yet. We like all the cars but it is amazing how different they are from each other. 2 Clear SRT cars, the McLaren and a Shelby are loud, but very fast.

The 4 F1 cars that came with the set are MegaGs and like little lightweight rockets. Very quiet too. We really like the two UltraG X Traction cars as the speed is a bit more manageable on the bedroom track and they slide around corners more than the others.

Then there are the 4 gear cars. They are truly sweet!

The bus is as you would expect, heavy, gets stuck on guard rails (they will eventually be replaced when we move back to the shop in favor of borders), but fun for sure. And, I love the funny car. It looks cool and drives great.

It has been a great Christmas here. We have all played with our new toys and hidden from the cold temps. First thing for us to get is a Tri-Power pac for kids to race on the track, and a banked turn or two, or three, or four. My little girl is 2 1/2 and she will be wanting to race soon and not just sit and watch with big eyes. I even caught my wife online looking at more cars! She is having more fun with it than even she expected.

Thanks for the cool site to get ideas and share. Some of your tracks defy imagination and we can't wait to try our hands at something more permanent. Merry Christmas!

Love your layout! You have a knack for it. Very nice mix of challenges creatively packaged onto the table! The Super International is a GREAT set - a real value. Great mix of additional cars, too. I love your (her?) picks. Hard to imagine a wife as cool as yours is! Great story! Have fun!!

Comment

That's cool. My wife is like yours...she doesn't dare buy me any shirts, ties, etc for christmas or birthday....she calls me her 3rd child! HAHA. Although I have to say, she would never "surprise" me with anything, but she makes me make her a list of things I would like (toys and cycling stuff mostly) and then she gets to pick from the list. I love my wife!

We got a set for christmas too, for our 7 year old and my wife's 41 year old child! HAHA...that's me! We ended up with the 24 hour challenge with the newest cars. Its a blast.

Merry Christmas....and Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolls View Post
        Love your layout! You have a knack for it. Very nice mix of challenges creatively packaged onto the table! The Super International is a GREAT set - a real value. Great mix of additional cars, too. I love your (her?) picks. Hard to imagine a wife as cool as yours is! Great story! Have fun!!
        Thanks! It was fun to build. I had downloaded UR3 but nothing is quite like having a pile of the pieces in front of you and starting to bring it together. I think I enjoy that just as much as the racing. The picks are definitely hers except for the Shelby which I have always loved. She has taken over the 55 Chevy. We want an El Camino next

Originally posted by AGrant View Post
        That's cool. My wife is like yours...she doesn't dare buy me any shirts, ties, etc for christmas or birthday....she calls me her 3rd child! HAHA. Although I have to say, she would never "surprise" me with anything, but she makes me make her a list of things I would like (toys and cycling stuff mostly) and then she gets to pick from the list. I love my wife!

We got a set for christmas too, for our 7 year old and my wife's 41 year old child! HAHA...that's me! We ended up with the 24 hour challenge with the newest cars. Its a blast.

Merry Christmas....and Happy New Year!
        Those cars on the 24 hour set are sure amazing looking from the pics I have seen. I can tell we are going to have a bit of a car habit here already.

We now makes lists for each other for Christmas and then go crazy in one area for the other one. It is always hobbies or the like. She asked for woodworking tools and a spinning wheel this year. Yep, a spinning wheel! She ended up with both! I am hoping for a hat and a wall case for cars!

Comment

take the cardboard down
          half the fun is trying to find the cars when the fly off!

Comment

Working...
          X