X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFX Tomy ELCONTROL STATION LAP COUNTER FOUR LANE

Anybody seen this? There is one on the Ebaaay UK 200.00
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AFX-Tomy-ELCON...-/180585169745

those look like a good idea how do they work?

Comment

looks like a Japanese release. Japan gets all the good stuff...

Comment

Looks like it may have been out for a while based on the item description. Lookes pretty cool though. I'd be interested in getting more information, and courious if they are still on the market, or coming soon.

Comment

Look at the lower center of this shot taken @ Rawafx's sectional track super speedway. The AFX electronic scoring worked fine during my visit. I'm not sure if it is two, 2-lane units or the 4-lane model. Bob has all kinds of 1/64 goodies in his SPEED SHOP not to mention the largest 1/64 car collection I have ever seen in my life. He has a TrackMate system for his other super smooth custom track.

Hope you don't mind me sharing & showing these shots Bob.

Comment

Don't know how they work, but I'm going to check into getting one. 200 bucks is kind of expensive for something you don't quite know about. Looking for a cheaper set.

Comment

Ebay listing is for 2x 2 lane units, they have a cable that connects them together to do all 4 lanes.

Original releases, the re-released ones work the same.

Reed switches are used for car sensing

Comment

These units first came out in the 1990s.

For that kind of dosh I would suggest going the PC/trackmate route would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bananasmoothie1975 View Post
                  Ebay listing is for 2x 2 lane units, they have a cable that connects them together to do all 4 lanes.

Original releases, the re-released ones work the same.

Reed switches are used for car sensing
                  But the re-released ones don't play nice with the originals, in a four lane.

Comment

Rereleases or not, they appear identical to my 8639E (single version Aussie release) with the exception that the sticker on the front control panel is different.

BTW, looks to me like they messed up the box photo. Mine came with stickers to indicate lane 1 & 2, or 3 & 4. They put the 1 & 2 stickers on both units.

Comment

i have just got some of these for my club but have not yet wired them up
                      as thay run on batteries

Comment

These work excellent on a Tomy 4 lane track. I have used them quite often, finally broke down and went with the computerized trackmate version. I do have a few of them in my closet still, that I was planning on listing on ebay...Chris

Comment

We chained five together to run a 10 lane track. Just need mini-jack y-splitters and a bit of thought. Worked just fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X