Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Track clip effective??? (Tomy AFX track)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track clip effective??? (Tomy AFX track)

I am new and need advice getting my AFX track working well. My question today is.....Are the track clips very helpful keeping things running smooth??? They look like a good idea but seem pretty exspesive.

Thanks for any input....................Kent

yes they work great!

I got the 50 pack b4 I built my table.

it may have been the 100 pack!
    Last edited by starfiresx; 01-31-2011, 06:33 AM.

Comment

They work really well but typically are not always needed. We use them on bank turns mostly.

The darn things cost way too much and at least a few should be included in sets.

With that said, its always good to keep some around.

Jim Norton
      Huntsville, AL

Comment

The track clips are very helpful keeping things running smooth! To manage cost, I recommend folks to shop around to get the best price and only buy them in the 100 pack - much cheaper per clip. They really do work, though.
        Last edited by Rolls; 01-07-2012, 11:14 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Not to change the subject but, I guess I'll show my age here.

Rolls.....Isn't that Paul Newman in an old Datsun for your avatar?

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the fast reply. You have confirmed what I was thinking. Sounds like they would be good on BANKS and any "problem" joint along the track.

I have seen them for $30 per hundred somewhere. Seems like it's hard to make a large order from one vendor (to save on shipping) because no one vendor seems to have most of what I need. Example......I found Parma controlls and most of the other parts I felt I need to order at one site, but this "guy" apparently brakes up the 12" banked kit and keeps the supports and the two 15" strights for himself. Charges about the same or more for the kit as other sites. Hmmm..

I'll keep looking..............Thanks, Kent

Comment

Originally posted by Solo2racr View Post
              Not to change the subject but, I guess I'll show my age here.

Rolls.....Isn't that Paul Newman in an old Datsun for your avatar?
              Good guess, Solo2, but it's actually a tiny thumb of a Gene Felton photo
              with the caption:
              Gene does battle with Bob McQueen - Road Atlanta June Sprints - Gene wins.

Those roadsters sure are fun, though (when their carbs aren't on fire ).
              Last edited by Rolls; 01-31-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Yea....Looks like the top of the hill at the end of the esses. Not many left hand turns the way Road Atlanta was configured back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Norton View Post
                  They work really well but typically are not always needed. We use them on bank turns mostly.

The darn things cost way too much and at least a few should be included in sets.

With that said, its always good to keep some around.

Jim Norton
                  Huntsville, AL

I agree with all! They work great to smooth things out and elimiate the "bump" that occurs when track sections separate a little. I use them on all curved track and any straight section connected to a curve. I don't use them on straightaways that are securely screwed together. While they are expensive, they save a lot of time and aggrevation with uneven tracks, separation and bump issues.

Definitey worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                  X