No announcement yet.

What tires will fit G+ front and rear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tires will fit G+ front and rear?

I just found my stash of old slot cars. I have some 4 gears, original AFXs, and 2 G+s. Of course ALL the tires are rocks so i need some new ones. I had just gotten through ordering some Supertires for my xtracs and tjets SO ... it looks like the rear tires from the xtracs will fit the g+s for now, but they really need wider tires. What i need info on, or who makes them, is new front and rears: for the G+s, the old AFX specialty chassis (all of them use the dragster wider tires on back), and my AFX chassis. Who makes original and/or racing style fronts and rears for any/all of these? My old original AFX chassis cars have the skinnies on front. Also, is there somewhere i can buy just the front axles/tires/rims like the wider ones on the xtracs?

G-plus tires

I use LL 446 or LL 450 Supertires for the rear wheels depending on the track you are running on. The tires are wide enough to cover the entire rim and fit nicely. Order a pair of each to see which ones suit you the best!

Marc

Comment

Did you swap to a LL hub, or do the tires fit the G+ hubs?

Comment

The tires fit directly on the stock G+ hubs!! First pic is with the LL 446 and the second is with TYCO 438 Supertires. Both tires fit the rim firmly, but the TYCO 438's are narrow and don't cover the entire wheel. The LL 446's run great on my AFX track while the TYCO 438's work well on my MaxTrax and lower the car a bit.

Marc

Comment

Great info ... Thanks!

Comment

Or you could change the flangeless hubs to Tomy or Tyco (this option gives you the possibility of going very low .422 as I have one running on this size)

Comment

Working...
            X