No announcement yet.

Aw drag sets.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw the post yesterday, and tried 2 buy one....ALL GONE...DISCONTINUED.
    However, just scored a john force on the big biddum site, for $41... used
    I am stuck here in Mississippi working and away from my beloved "Thompson Speedway"
    So this should ease the pain. I hope the hotel room is 13' long.....lol
    Good fix for slot car withdrawal. ... Can't wait.

Comment

check out the AW website...kiss drag strip at a big discount! I'm going to re-paint the cars, but may keep one original just for fun!

Comment

Great catch on the AW website and Kiss drag strip. What a deal! I may have to pick it up just for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Smith View Post
          Indybob...Sounds like you have the best spot for it. Try an AFX power pack to speed up those 4gear dragsters a bit. Wait till you put a Tomy/AFX car on the track...hope you have along shutdown area!! Have fun.

Bob
          After the dead section at the finish, cross wire the rails of the next section and it will act as a brake to stop the cars much quicker. On some of my Tomy SRTs and Tycos it cut the stopping distance in half.

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
            ...cross wire the rails of the next section and it will act as a brake...
            Could you elaborate on this? Does this mean to reverse polarity? This sounds like a novel approach but I'm not sure exactly how it is implemented (e.g., what happens after the cross-wired section?).

_michael

Comment

After the finish line the next track is a "dead" track.

After the dead track, short each lane out (cross wires from inside to outside rails on same lane). This sets up what many refer to as dynamic braking. It is the same principal behind wiring a track/controller for brakes. No power is applied to the track after the dead section.

I'm sure others can explain in more detail and much better than I just did. I do know it works.

This might help
              http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...+strip+braking
              Last edited by tasman; 09-30-2013, 10:34 AM. Reason: added link to thread

Comment

gotta luv it

Dragstrip delivered and up and running in my motel room...LOL
                Mississippi Burning Rubber....
                Last edited by tdady216; 10-06-2013, 07:46 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Bet the maids loved seeing that when they came in to clean the room .

Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by MSwaterlogged View Post
                    Bet the maids loved seeing that when they came in to clean the room .

Charlie
                    Or the room didn't get clean because they were playing!

Comment

How does this work ? Do the cars lose power after crossing the finish line ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzie View Post

Yes there is a short piece of track without any rails, followed by track with rails so the magnets have something to grab on to as the cars coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizzie View Post
                          Yes,there is a piece of dead track to stop the cars.AW also has a return loop so that you do not have too get up and retreve the cars.Note:You do not use the dead track with the return loop.It is a fun set.

David S
                          Last edited by David S; 11-07-2013, 04:07 PM. Reason: Ditchrat beat me to the post!

Comment

Working...
                          X