Favorite Car Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Car Pics

Let's see some pics of your favorite car (for driving purposes, not collecting). A quick description of the car and what mods you have done to it to fit your style of driving would be awesome! Thanks all
    Last edited by LittleDrummerBoy; 12-17-2013, 11:28 AM. Reason: needed to add a specification.

I have a few current favorites, all sliders/drifters. Left to right:

back row: Original AFX Rolls Royce dragster, AW xtrac Plymouth Stock Car, original AFX RC Porsche #16
    front row: Converted Maisto Lambo Murcielago, AW xtrac Camaro

Mods,
    back row: tall dragster urethanes out back and stainless washer weights (WWs) on the front wheels; HO Slide Guide and tungsten putty out back (you can see it in the underside pic); silis out back, AW shoes, WWs on front wheels, and tungsten putty behind front axle

front row: magnets removed; HO Slide Guide, and thanes out back

All have had the gears thoroughly lapped. The heavier they are, the smoother they slide. I am doing some testing/tuning with other cars and NOS AFX Ski Shoes which also looks promising.
    Last edited by oneredz; 12-17-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I think my favorite cars at the moment are the three I've driven at my local club over the past 12 months - I have them to thanks for some silverware

First is my Mega-G WHO Modified car. Its insides have appeared on a few threads here on SCI, but it's worth saying that it is a dream to drive. Those who have borrowed it or just watched it go have said the same. It's not the quickest car on the straight nor the most stuck down on the corners, but has a really nice balance. Second in the WHO Mod class championship was pleasing.
      Mods = N42 SRT neo magnets; WS13B Storm front end; Storm rear axle; 20T Pro-Predator crown gear; Narrow double-flanged .275" wheels with .422" B compound Supertires; brass pin tubes and lexan body.

The second is my Super-G+ Nascar. I've been racing the same chassis for four years and it's a good one. It has been loaned out a fair bit too. Again, it has not quite been the quickest car this year on our Nascar ovals, but quick enough to get second place in the championship.
      Mods = G3 short-travel pick-ups; G3 front hubs; AJs double-flanged rear hubs; .426" A compound Supertires; JL Chevy body.

The third is my Tyco 440x2 Bennetton. I've been racing this chassis for over four years and it is still quick, even up against the Mega-Gs that dominate F1 at our club. It managed to get me in half the F1 'A' finals this year, winning the sub-class for Tyco and Micro Scalextric cars and getting third overall in the F1 championship
      Mods = .426" A compound Supertires; ground stock front tires.

Comment

Heres a couple of my favs 440x2 chassis 3.5ohm arm, silver barrels, level 42 mags, super tires on delren double flange hubs. oring pro front end.

Bone stock HP7 its a slider for sure! fun to drive though

Comment

F1 looks great, I'm a sucker for F1s
          Originally posted by woodcote View Post
          I think my favorite cars at the moment are the three I've driven at my local club over the past 12 months - I have them to thanks for some silverware

First is my Mega-G WHO Modified car. Its insides have appeared on a few threads here on SCI, but it's worth saying that it is a dream to drive. Those who have borrowed it or just watched it go have said the same. It's not the quickest car on the straight nor the most stuck down on the corners, but has a really nice balance. Second in the WHO Mod class championship was pleasing.
          Mods = N42 SRT neo magnets; WS13B Storm front end; Storm rear axle; 20T Pro-Predator crown gear; Narrow double-flanged .275" wheels with .422" B compound Supertires; brass pin tubes and lexan body.

The second is my Super-G+ Nascar. I've been racing the same chassis for four years and it's a good one. It has been loaned out a fair bit too. Again, it has not quite been the quickest car this year on our Nascar ovals, but quick enough to get second place in the championship.
          Mods = G3 short-travel pick-ups; G3 front hubs; AJs double-flanged rear hubs; .426" A compound Supertires; JL Chevy body.

The third is my Tyco 440x2 Bennetton. I've been racing this chassis for over four years and it is still quick, even up against the Mega-Gs that dominate F1 at our club. It managed to get me in half the F1 'A' finals this year, winning the sub-class for Tyco and Micro Scalextric cars and getting third overall in the F1 championship
          Mods = .426" A compound Supertires; ground stock front tires.

Comment

Favorite Race Car

BSRT "G-Jet" converted with grey "two dot" chassis magnets (kept the front weight), and a Wizzard independent front end. BSRT gold plated "ski shoe" pickups. Body is a vintage AFX Lexan Ferrari 612 "Can Am", hand painted by me:

Run at 22 volts, car is very fast, smooth (BSRT has the best gear mesh I've ever experienced), and with the chassis magnets, it has enough "stick" to be competitive anywhere. A fun car to run fast.

My pair of Wizzard cars (LTR): Patriot 2 Extreme & Storm:

Both have received Wizzard independent front ends & silver "ski shoe" pickups, with new rear ends (tires/gears) recommended by Wizzard specifically for my layout. Bodies are custom painted Lexan (Rodeau & Ferrari 512M) I picked up from a slot car show. A good match for my BSRT Ferrari......
            Last edited by Speedhoppy; 12-17-2013, 07:03 PM. Reason: Additional picture, sentencing

Comment

Wow, those are some sweet rides guys! Keep em coming, its very cool to get a look at some other peoples setups and see how they have been modded to fit their driving style.

Comment

Hoppy those are some sweet rides, killer job on the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by radical faith View Post
                  Hoppy those are some sweet rides, killer job on the paint.
                  Thanks, but I can only take credit for the Ferrari 612 (the others were purchased to replace the original Wizzard bodies). I do have two future bodies for those Wizzards, however: Lexan Lola T70 Coupe, and a Lexan Chaparral 2F (wing struts will be chassis mounted).

Comment

I'm surprised no ones posted any heavily modded cars or scratchbuilts. I'm about to do my first scratch built and see how it goes, can't decide if I wanna do a dragster type build for the strip or a regular brass pan style car.

Comment

Here is a modded chassis for you. It is a converted free roller. It has brush cups mounted with advanced timing, and a Slide Guide for pickup shoes. Its my favorite little test bed for chassis mods. Note the old AFX motor and gearplate and the old size AFX motor mags. I need to put some xtrac ones in there.

Comment

One of my favorites right now is this AFX Magna-Traction set up for oval racing. The body is a Nomad that has been lowered. The chassis, top plate, gears and armature are all stock AFX manga-traction. The magnets are X-Traction. Brushes are stock. Wheels and tires are JW Speed Parts MT/XT Performance Pack wheel set.

Car is fast and smooth.

Comment

My favourite cars to run will always be pancake chassis cars but the sheer speed and handling of my C-9 makes it a firm favourite. I have several SG+s but the chassis under the C-9 is one of those rare gems that just stands out from the rest. Primarily stock, it's just tuned and tweaked. Tweaked end bell, shoes tuned for the track and stock tyres trued and flattened across the contact edge. I even have a spare circuit board body for when the inevitable crunch occurs.

Cheers,
                          Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Jisp View Post
                            My favourite cars to run will always be pancake chassis cars but the sheer speed and handling of my C-9 makes it a firm favourite. I have several SG+s but the chassis under the C-9 is one of those rare gems that just stands out from the rest. Primarily stock, it's just tuned and tweaked. Tweaked end bell, shoes tuned for the track and stock tyres trued and flattened across the contact edge. I even have a spare circuit board body for when the inevitable crunch occurs.

Cheers,
                            Michael.
                            I know what you mean about it being a gem, i had a sg+ that was just wicked fast. Then I put to strong of traction mags in it and fried that lil monster up. Still kicking my butt on that one haha

Comment

One of the things to check for on the Super G+ chassis is whether or not it comes with the original 2 dot grey chassis magnets or not; the newer (black) chassis were issued with magnets not as strong, which can make the cornering a bit twitchy. Slot car shops like "Lucky Bob's" offer the 2 dot grey magnets, and they are a useful upgrade. Just be careful removing/re-attaching the chassis magnet clip, or you will have to order this part as well.......

Comment

Working...
                              X