No announcement yet.

Auto World Dallara indy Cars - Sneak Peek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So…has anybody done a review with hands on this new chassis? Did it actually debut yet?

Comment

Tower list it as in stock for 100 bux.

Is anyone mad enough though....?

Comment

Originally posted by NicoRosberg. View Post
        Tower list it as in stock for 100 bux.

Is anyone mad enough though....?
        Not sure if anyone is carrying them yet, but the AW website shows a home set with two cars and a two-lane oval with grandstand (cardstock most likely) at MSRP of $119.99. Seems steep for a fairly minimal set. Again, here in the States, Hobby Lobby stores have a weekly web coupon good for 40% off one item per visit. They carry AW cars and sets so once they have it in stock you can grab one at a more reasonable price. I would only want it for the cars myself and MSRP less 40% is still $72 and $36 is more than I want to pay for one of those cars. That's just me, others may find that reasonable. Depending on what Hobby Lobby sells the individual cars for, it may become reasonable.

Scott

Comment

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but why is it that AW can sell diecast cars with accurate liveries of actual Indy cars but the slot cars are generic?

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterMcCoy View Post
            Not sure if anyone is carrying them yet, but the AW website shows a home set with two cars and a two-lane oval with grandstand (cardstock most likely) at MSRP of $119.99. Seems steep for a fairly minimal set. Again, here in the States, Hobby Lobby stores have a weekly web coupon good for 40% off one item per visit. They carry AW cars and sets so once they have it in stock you can grab one at a more reasonable price. I would only want it for the cars myself and MSRP less 40% is still $72 and $36 is more than I want to pay for one of those cars. That's just me, others may find that reasonable. Depending on what Hobby Lobby sells the individual cars for, it may become reasonable.

Scott
            Hope your HL still carries slot cars, outs has absolutely nothing anymore .

Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by TK Solver View Post
              Forgive me if this has already been addressed but why is it that AW can sell diecast cars with accurate liveries of actual Indy cars but the slot cars are generic?
              I would imagine that is was complex (ergo expensive) to obtain a licence that encompasses more than one product line.

Comment

Originally posted by MSwaterlogged View Post
                Hope your HL still carries slot cars, outs has absolutely nothing anymore .

Charlie
                Hey Charlie, haven't been to my locals recently so I don't know. I do know that what they carry is sort of up to the individual management so may not be the same across all stores. While I'm happy to be able to walk in with a web coupon and grab an X-Traction or T-Jet 500 Ultra-G for around $12, I'm bummed they don't still carry Tomy and LifeLike cars. They did maybe 5 years ago or so and I'd still occasionally find a stray on hook in some stores, but they seem to be almost all AW now. That and some 1/43 lines. I hope they still keep slots of some form in their inventory. I do know they tend to bulk up near Christmas and get thin on them in the Summer.

Scott

Comment

And here's some real liveries...

Don't know if people have already spotted this, but the first six 'real' liveries are:

Juan Pable Montoya - Team Penske - Verizon #2
                  Marco Andretti - Andretti Autosport - Snapple #25
                  Helio Castroneves - Team Penske - Hitachi #3
                  Graham Rahal - RLL Racing - National Guard #15
                  James Hinchcliffe - Andretti Autosport - United Fiber & Data #27
                  Tony Kanaan - Ganassi Racing - Target #10

Plus I saw a Super III tune-up kit

Comment

Now that is a lot more like it.

The crazy wheelbase is still a pity, but we racers have to remember toy companies make their products 'in isolation' and also collectors don't care about wheelbases from a racing point of view.

Comment

• If these cars run as good as they look, and replacement/hop up parts are readily available, then AW's timing could not be better, in the wake of Mattels leaving.

Comment

• ppp

Comment

• They do look better in paint.

Am guessing they will kinda need to be raced against one another.

Can you imagine blowing by one of those in say, an AFX Ford GT or 1.5 wheelbase indy car?

Would be worse yet if that big fella passed you!

Comment

• they do look pretty good now...lets hope AW made them with true wheels unlike all there other cars..

Comment

• when and where will they be available?

Comment

• Early September, by all accounts - at all usual vendors

Also spotted this...

...which excites me even more. Expected October

Comment

Working...
                                X