No announcement yet.

Auto World Dallara indy Cars - Sneak Peek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The indycars are a great news ! Finally I'll be able to runsomething else than these early 90's tyco formula ones. I wanted a indycars racing class for years ! Having real up to date liveries is a big advantage too.

I'm also quite interested by these Xtraction classic stockers.

Comment

• Any word on expected cost? We are giving $20-$30+ for the Mega G's Sure hope their no more than that.

Comment

• Oh man look at that Daytona! I want to add that one to my collection especially.

Comment

• I've seen the 6 car set with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $172 and reduced down to $137 by one retailer - that's just under $23 per car for the IndyCars.

Comment

• Are these currently for sale?

Comment

• No.

see post 105, and the expect that date to slip (it's a long standing historical AW thing).

Comment

• Just curious, who are the "usual vendors" for Auto World products besides Auto World and Hobby Lobby (very limitted in my area).

Also, can't see the images posted of the indy and classic stockers. Not sure what's up with that.

Comment

• As per AW: All new Super III Mustang

Super III Monte Carlo

There are Taurus and a Dodge Charger Cup type cars also.

Comment

• Coach - I was thinking of the local hobby stores that carry Auto World products and also (Auto World have no distributors here in Europe) numerous online stores including SCI advertiser Fantasy World Hobbies.

I would think that AW will use their existing distribution network and get these new products out across north America - and there will be plenty more new slot racers around Christmas time :-)

Comment

• Jay - those aren't new, in fact they came out six years ago.

Admittedly, when the blurb you read was created they were new.

Comment

• I know beggers can't be choosers but I just hate the "dune buggy" look most HO slots have. The tires are never tucked sleekly under the wheel wells & they always seem to ride so high. This is one thing that the Mega G's did address & they do look pretty good.

Comment

• Auto World - Indy Car & NASCAR Releases

Originally posted by downtowndeco View Post
                          I know beggers can't be choosers but I just hate the "dune buggy" look most HO slots have. The tires are never tucked sleekly under the wheel wells & they always seem to ride so high. This is one thing that the Mega G's did address & they do look pretty good.
                          I would agree, when it comes to the products Auto World puts out; they seem content to copy the old designs (T-Jet) with some series of cars, and not get serious enough with detail when it comes to their inline design. Looking at the pictures of their "NASCAR" series, the bodies are either too small to cover the large "balloon" tires front/rear, or the tires are just too big. While I actually like the attempt to make the current "Indycar" design, I don't like the way they have gone about it, with a deep-set guide pin, as well as mounting the front wheel assembly to the body, instead of the chassis. Will I buy one when available? I'll look at it, but at this point, I can't say for sure........

I don't wish ill of Auto World; but it appears they have chosen the path of making "toy" car sets to appeal to a potentially larger children's market, as opposed to the path Tomy/Racemasters has done, which is appealing to a smaller (but with more disposable income) select "enthusiast" market, with better proportioned, more highly detailed race car bodies (past and present). I hope the days of the "PT Cruiser" type cars are over, and we get both historically significant as well as current race car bodies from now on...........

Comment

• The wide range of different wheel bases would be a major plus for the guys who like to build customs, especially those into plastic "die-cast".

What is the wheel base range for those Indy cars?

Comment

• I think it might be 1.9'' - 2''.

The front axle is way beyond the longest hole in the chassis, which is at 1.7''

Comment

• Pictures of chassis look similar to first run.

Comment

Working...
                                X