Mega g bent wheel!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega g bent wheel!

Just got my new Aussie vineyards F1, I did a close inspection and found the right side front wheel is out of round or the axle is bent! Story of my life I guess. I went to AFX web site and sent them an email, We'll see what they have to say. I was gonna do a break in on it but I think I'll wait and see if they respond first. What a bummer!

Mega g bent wheel!

Just got my new Aussie vineyards F1, I did a close inspection and found the right side front wheel is out of round or the axle is bent! Story of my life I guess. I went to AFX web site and sent them an email, We'll see what they have to say. I was gonna do a break in on it but I think I'll wait and see if they respond first. What a bummer!

Comment

Originally posted by radical faith View Post
      I purchased a lot of mega G cars and a lot of them come with way out of round rears on them I e-mailed AFX like 4 times and got 4 new ones because they always come here messed up.

I be dammed if I spend all the money I did on those mega G cars and keep them with bent rears!
      If AFX did not send me replacements I would not buy them at all.

Comment

AFX Racemasters is very good about backing up the product. I am sure you will hear from them.

Charlie

Comment

Some way the factory presses the wheels on is screwing them up off-kilter to the axle. It's either a training issue or a process issue - I wish they'd fix it because almost every MG I have has cocked-up wheels.

Comment

One of the things going on behind the scenes is the "import and child safety rules". All manufactures importing are subject to them. I'm sure a lot you have observed the axles going from smooth, to slight knurling, to massive knurling. This is done to prevent a kid from pulling them off easily and having a tire lunch. One of the side effects of more knurling is that it is harder to push the tire on perfectly straight. I have numerous firsthand instances of dealing with this, so much so that I will now round off the axle ends to promote more centered hub installment. Hopefully the companies will find a way to correct the installment errors.

Comment

If this is going to be a common problem with the mega g I'm not so sure I'll be buying any more of them. For the $30.00+ it cost? I can spend $30 in parts and build a tyco that will eat the stock mega g's lunch

Comment

Working...
              X