• Show
Clear All

• SlotBorders/SlotStructures - New HO Scale Buildings and Structures

Discuss the article here.

Click here to read the full article.
    Last edited by pshoe64; 06-18-2014, 07:07 AM. Reason: Updating Post

Very nice looking structures.

Comment

Those are nice! Good to see the ho structures void partly filled.
      I'm thinking I'll get the grandstands w/flag stand.

Comment

I like all of these! Great detail.

Comment

How can I get in contact with the Manufacture?

Yo!

Comment

Google!

Comment

I've been waiting for all of these structures. I'll be ordering all of them, they look great!

Comment

Structures?

I see the bridge, but nothing else; double-clicking on the picture doesn't show any other "structures" the others are referencing, and there is nothing else in the album. Where are you guys seeing other "structures"?
                Last edited by Speedhoppy; 06-18-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I think the article has not been linked to this discussion, only the other way around.

It is a good review, but does not mention prices and continues the trend of never finding a fault.

Comment

SpeedHoppy: The full article is on the SCI home page, but I added a link to this forum post in case someone doesn't go directly to the home/Landing page of SCI.

Nico: I do not look for faults. If I wouldn't purchase the item myself, I don't review it. I receive dozens of requests to review material that I turn down for various quality or availability reasons. I also do not post links to purchasing sites, contact info or prices since I was raked over the coals (not by SCI) when I did that before. If a manufacturer does advertise or sponsor SCI, I will refer the readers to that information in the reviews.

SlotBorders/SlotStructures is working with SCI to advertise on, or sponsor the site and will have some type of link or contact information then.

Comment

Modern Structures

Paul,
                      Thanks for the link! I looked them over, and I thought they are well worth considering for my layout. Nice detail/design, and not put off by having to assemble myself. If cost was mentioned, I missed it, but looks like a nice option.......

Comment

Paul, thanks for the excellent review. Have been keeping an eye out for this and certainly wasn't disappointed. The structures look brilliant and are a welcome addition to HO offerings - huge potential. Roughly what was the assembly time for the bridge and grandstand as per the review? Looking forward to the individual build & detail articles.

Guys, if you want more info drop slotstructures into your search engine and slotborders for pricing details. Hopefully it won't be long before direct links are available here at SCI.

Cheers,
                        Michael.

Comment

The bridge assembled in just a few minutes, 10 maybe? The grandstand took me about an hour. I have ordered 2 more of these and I think they will go together quicker now that I'm more familiar with them.
                          The instructions are very well laid out and easy to follow, but there are a lot of pieces to the grandstand. But that makes the details pop.

-Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Speedhoppy View Post
                            Paul,
                            Thanks for the link! I looked them over, and I thought they are well worth considering for my layout. Nice detail/design, and not put off by having to assemble myself. If cost was mentioned, I missed it, but looks like a nice option.......
                            If you go to the slotborders website you will see a link to the structures page. The prices are on their web site.

Charlie

Comment

I like the strucures a lot, but they seem a little pricey. I probably wouldn't buy at the current pricing. I do however, appreciate the work and time involved in creating them.

Comment

Working...
                              X