X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New AFX Mega G Plus Chassis - Part 1

Discuss the article here.

Link to article
    Last edited by pshoe64; 01-16-2015, 10:18 PM.

Great article Paul! I, for one, am really surprised that they handle as well as the previous chassis. Can hardly wait for your follow up.

Comment

You say the body mounting is different. Does this mean NONE of the original MegaG bodies will fit this new chassis and they will all have to be retooled?

I was hoping to just buy MegaG+ chassis and swap some of the original bodies over. (Not the Champ cars or Audis though.)

I MAY have misread this though. Is the mounting point on the chassis the same so other bodies will still fit but the Champ car internals have been changed so they sit just that little bit higher?
      Last edited by Top Down; 01-17-2015, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Paul

Nice work. Looking forward to part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Down View Post
          You say the body mounting is different. Does this mean NONE of the original MegaG bodies will fit this new chassis and they will all have to be retooled?

I was hoping to just buy MegaG+ chassis and swap some of the original bodies over. (Not the Champ cars or Audis though.)

I MAY have misread this though. Is the mounting point on the chassis the same so other bodies will still fit but the Champ car internals have been changed so they sit just that little bit higher?
          According to Steve, only the formula bodies had to be retooled. The others are supposed to fit (have not tried any yet).

Charlie

Comment

Paul,
            As always, great writeup and explanation.

Charlie

Comment

According to Steve, only the formula bodies had to be retooled. The others are supposed to fit (have not tried any yet).
              That's great, thanks!

Comment

Nice article, keep up the good work. Looking forward to the article about performance.

I offer this in a positive fashion (tone is so hard to convey on the Internet!) In the second sentence of the paragraph below the picture of the rear axle assembly there appear to be two typos, ie "dear" instead of "gear" and "deepr" instead of "deeper." No biggie, I used to write a little and I always wanted to know about my typos, just trying to help. Best wishes.

Comment

Thanks guys, spell check reeked chaos on the article. The motor is actually an FN20 (not sure why it changed that). The rest are the result of me posting last night way past my normal bedtime.

Thanks Dean for catching the motor number and he also mentioned the new guide pin location, being further forward. I'll match up more of those details in the second article.

Also, Steve strongly recommends breaking the motor in at a lower speed for about 30 minutes. Once the brushes seat in, the motor has about a 10% increase in power/performance.

-Paul

Comment

Originally posted by NCSS View Post
                    Nice article, keep up the good work. Looking forward to the article about performance.

I offer this in a positive fashion (tone is so hard to convey on the Internet!) In the second sentence of the paragraph below the picture of the rear axle assembly there appear to be two typos, ie "dear" instead of "gear" and "deepr" instead of "deeper." No biggie, I used to write a little and I always wanted to know about my typos, just trying to help. Best wishes.
                    I had noticed the same but didn't want to be "that guy"....

Comment

Thanks for catching the typo's guys. Corrections made and article reposted. I'm much more awake and alert now

-Paul

Comment

It's all good

Originally posted by Wood0209 View Post
                        I had noticed the same but didn't want to be "that guy"....
                        Speaking only for myself, I always wanted people to catch my mistakes. The Internet has obviously changed the speed at which articles can be distributed. In retrospect I guess I could have just PM'd the author, but I had not had MY coffee yet.

Comment

Excellent article! I am looking forward too the new Mega G plus cars.

David S

Comment

Where and when are they available??? Maybe I missed that, if so sorry.

Comment

They're available now. Try Lucky Bob's

Comment

Working...
                              X