Motorcycles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycles

This is has been an on going project I started in 2007. The first one, I built a resin chassis and fitted it with a Lifelike motor. This is my latest version out of the mold. The rider is a separate cast piece. This new bike uses a modified Wizard P3 Extreme. They are very fast and a blast to race.

Here is a picture of some of the other racers bikes setting on the P3.

Those are Sweet!! Whats the bottom look like?

Comment

WOW

that is awesome
      really nice work

Comment

That's a cool idea, but shouldn't a rider be part of the casting?

Comment

I think it is more difficult to cast the rider as part of the bike.
          I just got a raw set and it will be easier to paint with them separate too.

Comment

Not necessarily.

I could see having a set of riders of certain colors to use as lane markers instead of sticky dots.

Or perhaps each person has a single rider model and wants to switch bikes from time to time but keep their uniquely personalized "avatar" regardless of the bike they're running.

Also, to the OP, excellent modeling and great looking bikes!

Comment

Those are nuts.Lets see the business side!

Comment

Thanks for kind words, I did not have a pic of the bottom end so I took one.

Comment

Very cool and very nice modeling! Does the front wheel ride along the edges of the slot? Does it cause a problem in tight turns where the front wheel would presumably sweep outward? What do you use for rear wheels?

Scott

Comment

if I may....
                    I am pretty sure this was developed as drag bike.
                    to the best of my knowledge no one who has one has tried to corner yet.

Comment

Here is a pic of my take on the Vance & Hines Superman bike.

Comment

Here is another pic of the Superman bike. This pic shows the tank color. I then used four different colors to get the effect you see on the back of the bike.

Comment

Original Design

Here is a pic of the original bike motor chassis setup from 2007. This is before I started using the P3. This setup used a Life Like motor and I designed a resin chassis around it. The tires and crown setup are Tyco. The chassis had adjustable traction magnets.

Comment

This is a pic of a Tomy Mega G drag bike. I no longer use the Mega G for making drag bikes. The P3 is a superior chassis for making drag bikes.

Comment

Here is another custom drag bike . This is the drag bike that I have been racing this year. I have campaigned this mostly in our club races. The bike has run in the .5's, not to bad for a stock arm @ 22 volts.

Comment

Working...
                              X