Foam Rock walls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by white_n_az View Post
    Out of curiosity tdady - how thick was the foam? Where did you buy it from? That is interesting to me and pertinent to the layout I am doing.
    Hey white_n_az, I purchased the foam board from home depot, it is 1 inch thick, and 2ft.X 2ft. It is called a Project Panel. .. $5.48
    this is rigid foam board, and there are several videos on YouTube of "carving " foam into ho scale mountains, etc.
    I also used some spray foam on the lower levels, it is much softer but can make more pronounced indentions.

I also purchased some acrylic paints in a squeeze bottle from wally world, $1 a piece. Mixed the paints with water to thin in out and brushed it on... 4 different earth tones, also used some flat gray spray paint... $2. The videos will help with the painting process as well. Hope this helps

Keep it in the slot
    tdady216

Comment

Not to get off topic here, but the car pictured above. Is that the Camero from AFXs 69 Shootout set with added number decals? if so, NICE TOUCH!

Did you print the decals yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Wood0209 View Post
        Not to get off topic here, but the car pictured above. Is that the Camero from AFXs 69 Shootout set with added number decals? if so, NICE TOUCH!

Did you print the decals yourself?
        Lol, yeah that's from the shootout set, the rondels are from Ultracal 5, i believe, stickers. ...had to add stripes on the Mustang so i could see it....

So decided to add roundels to the camaro as well. Always liked the SCCA cars..... street cars with racing numbers

Comment

Great touch. I have the same bodies and will likely do the same after seeing your pictures!

Amazing isn't? You share one thing you did, and others notice another great idea you had!

Comment

Originally posted by Wood0209 View Post
            Great touch. I have the same bodies and will likely do the same after seeing your pictures!

Amazing isn't? You share one thing you did, and others notice another great idea you had!
            Thank you, you are too kind sir.... I got the inspiration from speedhoppy as he did some decal work in one of his post. That's exactly why I love this forum.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE

Keep it in the slot
            tdady216

Comment

Working...
            X