Foam Rock walls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Rock walls

Got with my 12 year old last weekend, and we decided to build some rockface to hold up our banked section of the layout, got tired of looking at the newspaper underneath. ..

We just bought a foam board, and started "carving "

Used a couple of acrylic paints watered down and Voila. ... rockface. ...

Well.....What do you all think??? We thought it did "Thompson Speedway " a little justice. Would like some feedback, Thank you.

As always
    Keep it in the slot
    tdady216

Looks good!

Comment

Looks great. I'm a sucker for scenery. What did you use for you pit lane?

Comment

tdady - Great idea, especially since your kids had a hand in it. Looks very good.

Comment

THANKS GUYS, Coach, those are a couple of winner circle pit crews, my 12 year old loves arts n crafts, so this was definitely up his alley... WE HAD A BLAST, my 5 year old also painted some of the stone trestles and bridges. . Always a blessing to spend time with the boys.
          Last edited by tdady216; 12-19-2015, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Awsome! Very realistic, great project for a dad and kids to upgrade an already cool track.
            The kids are the future of this hobby.
            mike

Comment

Any pics of the whole track? I don't see the train and the overpasses in your albums. How big is your table now?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachD View Post
                Any pics of the whole track? I don't see the train and the overpasses in your albums. How big is your table now?
                We r actually racing as we speak.... will post some pics here shortly, try this short video....."dont hit the train"

https://youtu.be/m2knqXCkVVc

Comment

All that looks good, Dads!

I only run the train during "racing" and whomever hits the train finishes last, everyone else moves up.

Otherwise, they all squeal as hitting the thing is apparently positively reinforcing .

At least your contestants bumped the thing (which is all it takes).

Mine drive through it unless it costs them...

Comment

Originally posted by tdady216 View Post
                    We r actually racing as we speak.... will post some pics here shortly, try this short video....."dont hit the train"

https://youtu.be/m2knqXCkVVc

Of course the train had to derail in the spot you have a hard time reaching!

Comment

Yep. It looks cool under there though.

Mine is right in front of my "control panel" and my particular spot, and re-railing is easy.

One of BASCAR's rules--No one touches the train except me!

Comment

Originally posted by Slotbob View Post
                        All that looks good, Dads!

I only run the train during "racing" and whomever hits the train finishes last, everyone else moves up.

Otherwise, they all squeal as hitting the thing is apparently positively reinforcing .

At least your contestants bumped the thing (which is all it takes).

Mine drive through it unless it costs them...
                        Only cost them a lap, but the dead last finish is definitely something to consider. ..

Comment

Originally posted by CoachD View Post
                          Hey Coach, the table is still two 4X8 ft tables in an L shape, here's a pic of the whole track from the "race room " doorway, and I still can't get the entire layout on the pic. ...

I will update my album

Keep it in the slot
                          tdady216

Comment

OUTSTANDING POJECT FOR YOU AND THE KIDO'S
                            I may have to try the same thing on my layout.
                            Like always thanks for sharing with all of us.

bigman big fan

Comment

Originally posted by bigman View Post
                              OUTSTANDING POJECT FOR YOU AND THE KIDO'S
                              I may have to try the same thing on my layout.
                              Like always thanks for sharing with all of us.

bigman big fan
                              Thanks bigman, truly a compliment from a guy from Michigan....
                              GO BUCKEYES....

Comment

Working...
                              X