Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorski Pan

Saw this on the auction site.
    Has anyone used one or know how they mount?
    To me, it looks like it might be great for no-mag cars.

???? Not seeing any pics????

Comment

?

Comment

Wicker Bill, thanks for posting this with pics. I have not seen it before, but looks like a great way to lower the center of gravity (with the Lexan body), whether you go with/without chassis magnets. Putting that weight low down along the sides between the wheels cannot help but improve the chassis dynamics.......

Comment

Thank Slotbob for the pics.
          I tend to run SRTs with brass weights replacing the traction magnets. I wondered how this pan would work with the hard bodies to get the weight low and the full length of the car.
          It looks like there are two pins that go into the side of the chassis, and one that goes across the width of the chassis in front of the motor.
          The seller said to message him through his Facebook page; I don't do Facebook. I'll try through the auction site.

Comment

Might be OK for a non mag car. Its not a good approach with traction magnets as the extra weight of the pan detracts from the magnetic assist as the car has more weight for the magnets to counteract in the turns. A better approach if you are using traction magnets is the four pin tube mount. See the following thread for more info on adding pin tubes to any chassis:

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=32918

Comment

I hope it ok for me to post this link, but go to site and check out some pans I just posted about!

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=90688

Comment

Gorski pan is for the Mega G car.
                All of the other pans I've seen (and you posted) were for T-Jets and MagnaTraction.

Comment

ahh
                  did not realize it
                  but I find many things made for 1 car can be adapted.
                  I do not think it would be too hard to convert some afx pans over to various inlines

Comment

I think it would take so much work to adapt the pans you linked to to replicate what this Gorski product does that, even if one had the skills, it would not be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X