Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimDouglasJr View Post
    If budget's an issue...
    I use old Aurora 60 ohm controllers for everything and have won many a race against pro controllers. They work just fine with modern Super G+ and Mega Gs.
    They're cheap, and plentiful. $5-$15 usually, and often found in inexpensive lots. Easy to have 6 on hand in case one unravels.
    I run 18-20 volts.

Sure you get a little more range with a higher resistance, but how slow do you want to go?
    Start young learning to control the car, not letting the controller do it for them. Kids have amazing eye/hand coordination.
    Yeah, and then like I had said somewhere else in this forum, you can say, "I beat ya with a $5 controller!" Ya gotta love it... Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)

Comment

New Jersey Nostalgia Hobby has some Parma controllers with three position switches for about fifty bucks, I'm thinking about getting two of them. If I do I'll give yall the low down on them.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonbusa View Post
        New Jersey Nostalgia Hobby has some Parma controllers with three position switches for about fifty bucks, I'm thinking about getting two of them. If I do I'll give yall the low down on them.
        Please do as I have been looking at them as well.

Charlie

Comment

I had one but sold it, not for any negative reasons, of course.
          The guys I know that use them are satisfied with the product, especially at that price.
          Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)

Comment

Does anyone know if PARMA intends to again manufacture their 218D-45 Ohm controller model? My mistake was buying two when I should have bought four.

Comment

I think everything Parma-wise when it comes to slot car racing is 'iffy', sad to say.

Comment

It seems this thread Parma is the latest news from Parma
                http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...78#post1014078

Not clear if/when what you want will be available.
                If you need an equivalent from another maker, DS do a 45 ohm controller that'll do the job

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Just wanted to mention I acquired a couple Mega G+ Indy cars a few weeks back. Found them next to un-drivable with a 45 ohm Parma economy controller. Finally put a 90 ohm economy resistor in a spare controller today and it made them totally drivable. Thanks to all the various posters in the various threads that led me to doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by galerdude View Post
                      Just wanted to mention I acquired a couple Mega G+ Indy cars a few weeks back. Found them next to un-drivable with a 45 ohm Parma economy controller. Finally put a 90 ohm economy resistor in a spare controller today and it made them totally drivable. Thanks to all the various posters in the various threads that led me to doing that.
                      FYI, AFX uses a 120 ohm controller for all the MG+ sets. 45 is more like an on/off switch <g>. 90 or 120 seems to be the best option for those cars.

Charlie

Comment

Working...
                      X