Happy to have made some progress with Auto World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy to have made some progress with Auto World

Some of you may know or remember my ongoing problems with AW. I used to live in South Bend where their headquarters are located,I still own a house there which my son now lives in. These days I am living in Elkhart,IN. about 20 mi away. Now I have always supported AW,Round 2,Playing Mantis. as the company has evolved over the years. Mostly die cast in my early days of dealing with them. Then the pull back bodies that were a test market for the future slot car entry. I have spent thousands and I do mean thousands of dollars buying their products. I believe in them and am proud they are a local company I try to support.

Today I got an email update on their latest products. It was interesting as were the last 2 I had from them. My problem with them is this. For over 3 yrs now I buy and pay for Priority Mail. When I receive the items it says FC mail. Where did my extra 5 bucks shipping go? Now I don't mind paying but I want what I pay for! At first I thought this a bit ridiculous and contacted them about the fact I was so close and did they offer FC shipping? Nope was the answer I got whether I was 5 mi away or 1500 mi away. Okay then,no FC shipping on my last 2 orders from them and even one off ebay from their Round 2 corp I paid Priority shipping. All of those boxes came FC mail.

Now I know AW has some quality issues and I can B**ch about that too. But I don't care if my package will arrive in 2 days FC mail or Priority. I do expect what I pay for! Charging me for a service I do not get is a slap in the face not to do business with you anymore. And beyond that I believe it is called fraud.

Well satisfaction comes to all that wait? Maybe,possibly so? I braved up the courage to call their Customer Service line and discuss matters. Honestly it really got me somewhere kind of. You see my son knows a few guys whoo work in the warehouse and he knows the owners son. Well Austin who is the owners son answered my call today. He was a bit stand offish till I told him of my knowledge about things and what was going on! So from there he did admit the policies of shipping were off. And he clued me in about the fact if I wanted to come through the front door I could pick my items up. Said it was a new thing they were trying and just to let him know when I would arrive and he would have the items pulled. Fricking amazing I went from being screwed to being catered to. Will go test this option out after the Holiday weekend. Great to get personalized service from them. Heck,I can get it when I want it hand delivered. No waiting and no fee's. The 3.50 FC mail will be about what I spend in gas to get there and back.

Pat the reason they don't ship priority is that you cannot ship it from the office you have to go to the post office. That is the reason I always ship priority I can do it right from my desk and you get 50.00 in insurance. You can ship first class from e bay however. They should not be charging priority if they are not sending it that way however.

Dave

Comment

I don't mind paying an extra dollar or two as I know there's overhead, packing material, etc.

What I dislike and call eBay sellers out on is being charged $8 to ship something and finding they sent it for $4. Great way to earn a partial refund or a negative feedback.

As for Priority, the PO will provide boxes in bulk and you can indeed ship Priority from your home or business location. I do it. Simple matter of going online and printing the postage.

It's one thing to charge x-amount for non-specific shipping/handling, but if you label it as Priority or anything specific, then that's what you are to provide.

Comment

Dave trying to figure out if you mis-worded your reply? As a business they must be able to ship both ways. I get charged Priority they say they ship Priority and it comes FC. I believe the rate is 8.75 or 9.00 they charge now. The FC mail is 3.50 when I ship and they can probably do it cheaper than me? So as I told them at AW they are pocketing over 5.00 of my money! I believe I did also mention the word "fraud".

Comment

Originally posted by Dave632 View Post
          Pat the reason they don't ship priority is that you cannot ship it from the office you have to go to the post office. That is the reason I always ship priority I can do it right from my desk and you get 50.00 in insurance. You can ship first class from e bay however. They should not be charging priority if they are not sending it that way however.

Dave
          Pat, Yes as Dave mentioned, by "it" he meant that 1st class needed to be shipped at PO with exception of e-bay sales.
          I agree, Priority should not be specified with applicable charge of funds and then seller ships 1st class.

Comment

Actually I am going to dig through the basement tomorrow and I bet I can find some old boxes to prove it. I order from them 2-3 times a year. But until my current situation changed it has been driving me to buy elsewhere. Consider the fact I have bought over a hundred dollars from places like Jag Hobbies and I have never paid over 4.25 ! The same thing happened with some of the sell out overstock items from ebay. The handle they use over there is Round 2 LLC. It all comes from the same address in South Bend.

Comment

Why do you continue to choose priority if they always ship your orders first class? Just choose fc next time.

Comment

It might be a weight issue. First class is 13 oz or less. Any more than that & the package has to go priority.

Comment

Downtown,I think you missed the point of matter. Read post #1 and especially the second paragraph! I talked to them years ago and they said they do not ship FC. So I have to pay Priority as that is all that's offered. Although on bigger items like large die cast and model kits,I think UPS ground is also an option? My point is I feel I was lied to! If they told me they don't ship FC why do my boxes come that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Old - Mech. View Post
                    Dave trying to figure out if you mis-worded your reply? As a business they must be able to ship both ways. I get charged Priority they say they ship Priority and it comes FC. I believe the rate is 8.75 or 9.00 they charge now. The FC mail is 3.50 when I ship and they can probably do it cheaper than me? So as I told them at AW they are pocketing over 5.00 of my money! I believe I did also mention the word "fraud".
                    I am not sure if some business are allowed the option to ship first class from their office. I know I cannot when I ship from home, have to go to the post office to ship first class. Only priority is available to me on the USPS site, no first class.

Dave

Comment

I went to their site & here's what it says about shipping;

UPS/USPS Ground Shipping - Continental US.
                      Purchase Total Shipping Cost
                      $1 - $24.99 = $7.99
                      $25 - $49.99 = $9.99
                      $50 - $98.99 = $12.99

Over $99.00 = FREE

Straight up front they tell you what the shipping cost will be, whether it's sent First Class, Priority or via camel through the desert. I suspect they do it this way so every single time every single customer places an order they don't have to calculate the exact shipping specifically for that customer, where they live & the items they want to order. In a nutshell, it's simpler for everyone.
                      As a customer I know beforehand what the shipping charge is. As the seller I know that if a charge a flat rate of say, $7.99, that sometimes when I ship a package that it may be light enough to go First Class & ship for just $3.50, but that also, sometimes, depending on what the customer ordered and where they live it may cost $12.50 (or whatever). The point being is that it's sort of "splitting the difference" for the sake of simplicity for both parties. And look at it this way, you're cheesed that they charged $7.99 & then sent it for First Class, which is cheaper. But what if what you ordered (and where you lived) cost them $12.50 to ship? Would you be OK with them sending a bill for the difference along with your order? Again, IMO they do it this way to simplify things for all parties involved.

That being said they probably should have said "We don't offer First Class, but may ship First Class if your items are light enough..."
                      Last edited by downtowndeco; 09-02-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

That's right, First Class is not an option at the USPS site. That means that they'd have to lug every FC package down to the PO, stand in line & process it manually.

Originally posted by Dave632 View Post
                        I am not sure if some business are allowed the option to ship first class from their office. I know I cannot when I ship from home, have to go to the post office to ship first class. Only priority is available to me on the USPS site, no first class.

Dave

Comment

Like they say,"the proof is in the pudding". And a picture is worth a thousand words! Here is an AW box I received with my address and the FC shipping label.

Comment

I don't dispute that they mailed your packages First Class. I was trying to explain a merchant's reason for structuring their shipping prices as they do. Like I said, sometimes when they ship a package it might cost them a little less, sometimes a little more. In either case here, the shipping cost is clearly stated up front. JMHO.

Comment

I have experienced the same thing, a flat price and method of shipping that is overkill for smaller deliveries, but for understandable reasons.

Since I was happy to pay the higher price.....

Comment

Working...
                              X