X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old - Mech.
    started a topic Happy to have made some progress with Auto World

Happy to have made some progress with Auto World

Some of you may know or remember my ongoing problems with AW. I used to live in South Bend where their headquarters are located,I still own a house there which my son now lives in. These days I am living in Elkhart,IN. about 20 mi away. Now I have always supported AW,Round 2,Playing Mantis. as the company has evolved over the years. Mostly die cast in my early days of dealing with them. Then the pull back bodies that were a test market for the future slot car entry. I have spent thousands and I do mean thousands of dollars buying their products. I believe in them and am proud they are a local company I try to support.

Today I got an email update on their latest products. It was interesting as were the last 2 I had from them. My problem with them is this. For over 3 yrs now I buy and pay for Priority Mail. When I receive the items it says FC mail. Where did my extra 5 bucks shipping go? Now I don't mind paying but I want what I pay for! At first I thought this a bit ridiculous and contacted them about the fact I was so close and did they offer FC shipping? Nope was the answer I got whether I was 5 mi away or 1500 mi away. Okay then,no FC shipping on my last 2 orders from them and even one off ebay from their Round 2 corp I paid Priority shipping. All of those boxes came FC mail.

Now I know AW has some quality issues and I can B**ch about that too. But I don't care if my package will arrive in 2 days FC mail or Priority. I do expect what I pay for! Charging me for a service I do not get is a slap in the face not to do business with you anymore. And beyond that I believe it is called fraud.

Well satisfaction comes to all that wait? Maybe,possibly so? I braved up the courage to call their Customer Service line and discuss matters. Honestly it really got me somewhere kind of. You see my son knows a few guys whoo work in the warehouse and he knows the owners son. Well Austin who is the owners son answered my call today. He was a bit stand offish till I told him of my knowledge about things and what was going on! So from there he did admit the policies of shipping were off. And he clued me in about the fact if I wanted to come through the front door I could pick my items up. Said it was a new thing they were trying and just to let him know when I would arrive and he would have the items pulled. Fricking amazing I went from being screwed to being catered to. Will go test this option out after the Holiday weekend. Great to get personalized service from them. Heck,I can get it when I want it hand delivered. No waiting and no fee's. The 3.50 FC mail will be about what I spend in gas to get there and back.

• Old - Mech.
    replied
    We will see what I walk out of there with this week. Hopefully more than a kick in the a**. Might have something in mind for you too if they still have some!

Leave a comment:

• JimDouglasJr
    replied
    Good for you for doing something about it. They may very well have made changes. I haven't been over there for a while.

Well, I haven't bought anything for a while... not since they had those green '68 Charger Thunderjets on sale.
    Last edited by JimDouglasJr; 09-03-2018, 07:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Old - Mech.
    replied
    Maybe now,Kyle. As I mentioned I stirred the pot and turned some heads. But they did say they were changing shipping practices and I could walk through the door if I preferred.

Leave a comment:

• Old - Mech.
    replied
    DowntownDeco,why you keep replying here to dig at me is beyond comprehension? If you don't agree with me simply go away. My feed back for buying and selling on ebay is 100% too. So what's your point?

Leave a comment:

• JimDouglasJr
    replied
    Yup, looks like they make no mention of which service is used, just list what they charge to ship. Both First Class and Priority are ground shipping options.

Leave a comment:

• BSWAN72
    replied
    Please delete
    Last edited by BSWAN72; 09-03-2018, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• downtowndeco
    replied
    I've been in the hobby industry for 25 years now (model railroad & military dioramas) & if I've got any fault it's that I'm too easy going, not too hard, with my customers. I also sell my products on ebay & even though I've had literally thousands of transactions I still have a 100% rating. I do my shipping similar to AW. I name a set price ahead of time. Sometimes it ends up costing a few dollars less, sometimes it costs a few dollars more. IMO most customers would just rather know the price ahead of time rather than having to calculate it out each time depending on where they live & what they ordered. As far as I'm concerned the proof is in the pudding, I must be doing something right.

May our paths never cross in commerce.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Old - Mech.
    replied
    I don't have anything against you,business wise or personally. I just see your mind too closed as to be a good businessman and see both sides of the coin,literally! I started this thread with a positive title because I was happy to get through to AW and the practices they were not in touch with. My comments in the thread were only a backdrop explanation of the problem.

If you think it's okay to charge a buyer for Priority mail and send things FC that's your business. If your explanation of everything being fine because the buyer agreed to something he paid for and did not get and got his product okay on time. So be it, because you just sold yourself out to buyers not wanting to do business with you. At least AW cloaks you then soaks you!

Leave a comment:

• downtowndeco
    replied
    Apples and oranges. If a retailer told you that they were sending you brand "X", and then they sent you brand "Y", or if they said that they were going to send 6 pairs of tires, but only sent 5, then you would have a beef. As it stands now you got the product you wanted, at the price you agreed to beforehand, in the same exact time frame as if the the seller had used any other shipping service.

Lol. I think it's best we stand clear of each other's business. I don't want you as a customer and you don't want me as a seller. I'll leave it at that.

Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Old - Mech.
    replied
    Sorry you can not wrap your mind around the fact. Has nothing to do with shipping time,FC would get here just as fast as Priority and that's the mentality they have. All I am saying is they charge for something I did not get! Plain and simple no excuses from you and me.

Glad you mentioned the Auto repair business. I was in it at all stages for over 25yrs. If you paid me for an oil change and found out I did not do it,would you be ****ed? Ha,ha,that's a loaded slant question since you want to compare apples to oranges cause they are all fruit. I spent most of my time in auto repair as a mechanic. Yes,sometime I made or beat book time. But I never got paid for a job that took me 6hrs. and the book said 2hrs. It comes with the job territory! Once again comparing Apples to Oranges. Don't matter here.

Here's a good one I remember from early days. My friend's Dad had a Dodge Dart and took it to the local garage for yearly tune up's. Only after my friends Dad passed away and he went through the glovebox of receipts did he notice his Dad was charged for 8 spark plugs while the car was a slant 6.
    Was that a simple clerical error over the years? Or just a complete you'll never notice screw job?
    As is here,pay attention and speak up to wrong a situation and make it right. We will see what happens next week when I walk through the front door.

Leave a comment:

• downtowndeco
    replied
    I sell stuff online all of the time & I'll tell you one thing I never come out ahead on (in the long run), shipping costs. Things always end up costing more than anyone thinks. Yeah, it kind of bugs me that someone would order, know what the shipping cost was ahead of time and then complain after the product got there on time & in perfect condition that I charged too much.

Look at it this way. You know how auto repair shops usually go by a set, industry standard for the amount they may charge for any one particular job? It's the same as shipping rates IMO. Sometimes they're going to get the 2 hour job done in an hour and a half. Sometimes it's going to take them 3 hours. In either case, you're going to get charged for what they told you when you walked into the shop, just 2 hours.

Originally posted by Old - Mech. View Post
    I mentioned way back in post 6 I was going to post this pic. I posted it for know one in particular,but for myself. Seems people doubted my point because of shipping practices on USPS. Maybe they are paying employee's to go to the P.O. and drop things off. God knows,I am probably not the only one paying extra? So it may be worth it to them.

Mr.Downtown Deco,now it seems you are changing your point and subject here. Maybe because you are a retailer too? Moot point though,but do you work in a fee for service someone does not receive? that's what this whole post was about and I proved it!

Nico,your comment is void of matter here too! Obviously I agreed to shipping terms or I would have not received my items,right? I can see it happening once but this has been ongoing to the point I do not order from them anymore. Say the subject was parts and you paid for Super Tires,what you received was not ST but Super Junk knockoff's. You get the point of what you pay for vs what you get?

Leave a comment:

• Old - Mech.
    replied
    I mentioned way back in post 6 I was going to post this pic. I posted it for no one in particular,but for myself. Seems people doubted my point because of shipping practices on USPS. Maybe they are paying employee's to go to the P.O. and drop things off. God knows,I am probably not the only one paying extra? So it may be worth it to them.

Mr.Downtown Deco,now it seems you are changing your point and subject here. Maybe because you are a retailer too? Moot point though,but do you work in a fee for service someone does not receive? That's what this whole post was about and I proved it! Don't try and change your opinion and comments if you see reason for this to be excusable.

Nico,your comment is void of matter here too! Obviously I agreed to shipping terms or I would have not received my items,right? I can see it happening once but this has been ongoing to the point I do not order from them anymore. Say the subject was parts and you paid for Super Tires,what you received was not ST but Super Junk knockoff's. You get the point of what you pay for vs what you get?
    Last edited by Old - Mech.; 09-02-2018, 03:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• NicoRosberg.
    replied
    I have experienced the same thing, a flat price and method of shipping that is overkill for smaller deliveries, but for understandable reasons.

Since I was happy to pay the higher price.....

Leave a comment:

• downtowndeco
    replied
    I don't dispute that they mailed your packages First Class. I was trying to explain a merchant's reason for structuring their shipping prices as they do. Like I said, sometimes when they ship a package it might cost them a little less, sometimes a little more. In either case here, the shipping cost is clearly stated up front. JMHO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X