Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimDouglasJr
    replied
    ...or maybe it's just time to relax the weirdly specific rules and exclusions for racing this now 50+ year old chassis.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    HOCOC already allows the T-Dash chassis to be run in the T-Jet SS class. We have a separate class for JL/AW cars in SS trim except that they must use slip-on tires. The T-Dash chassis is also legal and either the JL/AW or 3 lamination 14 ohm Dash armature may be used.
    Dan Cashmer has already announced that he will be ending the production of T-Dash cars soon.
    Probably a discussion of this sort belongs on its own thread. Someone is still looking for a legal competitive Aurora armature.

Leave a comment:

• gvianco
    replied
    I think it is about time for the powers that be start allowing Dash parts into the t jet ss class or develop another race class for dash. What about using AW parts. The ohm limit of 48 could still be maintained as well as use of slip on tires option or required.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    1 Stop Slot Shop has not had any Tornado armatures for some time, you can get one in a complete rolling chassis for only $199.99 however.
    HOCOC does not allow Dash armatures in its T-Jet SS class, the 2 lamination 16 ohm arms are allowed in several other classes that use stock Aurora armatures. We wanted to keep our T-Jet SS class in line with other groups that run that sort of car.
    You may have seen my review of the 2nd generation T-Dash car and the 3 lamination 16 ohm armatures, those were not available when the rules for this season were issued, they will be legal for the 2019-2020 season.
    I expect that a worked up Dash 3 lamination 16 ohm armature would be competitive. The 2 lamination arms work great in a box stock type car and in a HOCOC Jalopy or Indy type car, they don't have quite enough power for a winning Fray or T-Jet SS car.
    In any case I am looking for arms that can win when the competition consists of experienced racers.

Leave a comment:

• slotking
    replied
    some the best ones I have used are ones I balanced myself with the VRP arm tool.

you can also try the dash arms.

als maybe onestopshop or mcvittie(spelling ?) arms

Leave a comment:

Working...
X