Gear plate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear plate

I'm looking for a Aurora super ii gear plate. Anyone?

I do not know of any regular seller that has Super II gear plates, they may turn up on eBay from time to time. I have never examined a Super II, the gear plate looks the same as a A/FX/Magnatraction gear plate, except that the plastic is black. Would a JL/AW X-Traction gear plate work if all you wanted to do is get a car running?

Comment

Originally posted by lowhog View Post
      I'm looking for a Aurora super ii gear plate. Anyone?
      I would do an ebay search, or find a collector in your area that has lots of parts.

The super II is iconic, and folks hoard the parts for them IF they know what to look for. I have managed to assemble two of them from parts found or traded for.

If you do find one, be SURE it's in good condition because you will pay a pretty penny for one. Lots of folks that found them, cut off the body support bosses, making them useless for a real Super II restore.

Good luck.

Comment

They're not "unobtanium", but close.

Im cursed with along memory for silly bits and nuggets. Some moons ago, renowned resin caster Chris Rolph produced Super ll gear plate replicas. I didnt have the need, so I'm clueless as to how many were produced, or their long term performance characteristics, vs the original plates.

Good luck!

Comment

I would not expect that a resin gear plate would hold up very well compared to a stock Nylatron, or maybe it was Delrin, one. Anyway if the goal was to do a proper restoration then original Aurora parts should be used. I was wondering if Bob "Mr. Aurora" Beers would know where a gear plate might be found.

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
            I was wondering if Bob "Mr. Aurora" Beers would know where a gear plate might be found.
            I'm SURE Bob Beers has one for sale.

Good call.

Comment

Bob has a Facebook page called "mr_aurora’s ho slot car stories and store" so you might try pinging him through that.

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
                I do not know of any regular seller that has Super II gear plates, they may turn up on eBay from time to time. I have never examined a Super II, the gear plate looks the same as a A/FX/Magnatraction gear plate, except that the plastic is black. Would a JL/AW X-Traction gear plate work if all you wanted to do is get a car running?

The Super II gearplate also has a couple standoffs near the rear end to hold the body off the chassis. Still, a regular gearplate will work.

It's now the hardest part to find for a Super II, now selling often for more than the Quadra-Lam armature.

Comment

Super II gear plate

Pretty sure I have one or two. Haven't thought about selling or trading, but... Make me an offer I wont want to refuse.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ElCamino View Post
                    Super II gear plate

Pretty sure I have one or two. Haven't thought about selling or trading, but... Make me an offer I wont want to refuse.

Bill
                    What's your price?

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterMcCoy View Post
                      Bob has a Facebook page called "mr_aurora’s ho slot car stories and store" so you might try pinging him through that.
                      Thanks Folks!

Comment

A trade for parts or cars would be of more interest to me, especially if a Quadralam is part of the deal.

Comment

I can do that. What do you have?

Comment

I have at least one original Super II gear plate, possibly 2. Saw one the other day. Will have to look to see what else I have.

Comment

Sounds good! what are you looking for?

Comment

Working...
                              X