X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Dom
    started a topic T-Jet Motor Brush differences

T-Jet Motor Brush differences

Do the current chassis manufacturers (such as AW/JL and Dash) and aftermarket parts of Wizzard, Slottech or others for T-jet motor brushes have differences for fit in the chassis sockets???
    Not considering the dome or notch, mostly interested in diameter, height and possibly content.

• Dyno Dom
    replied
    Thank You Rich for taking the time for measurements and all the other great info as always here on SCI. Big E, nice racing Wed. nite and see you next week.

Leave a comment:

• RichD
    replied
    I measured the Wizzard E85 brushes VS the Slottech ones using my NIST certified calipers. The Wizzard brushes were 0.1195" in diameter and 0.076" high and the Slottech brushes were 0.124" in diameter and 0.077" high. If you want more precise measurments I could use my NIST certified micrometer. I mostly use the Wizzard brushes, but I have not done any formal testing, so I can't say which make is better. The older Wizzard E82 brushes are not as good as the E85s however.
    You would not want to use brushes that bind in the chassis holes. If there are any burrs you could use the shank end of a drill bit to remove them, I had to do that with most of the original Dash chassis. It probably is best if the brushes are not a sloppy fit in the chassis, that might influence your brush selection.

Leave a comment:

• BIG E
    replied
    Yes, my friend, just bustin' your chops as we all do to each other on our Wednesday Long Island race nights.
    Lots of FUN last night, with three good races and some VERY close finishes!
    Hope I can make it around the band rehearsal schedule on a regular basis now. -- Ernie :>)

Leave a comment:

• Dyno Dom
    replied
    Ernie, always good input from knowledgeable SCI guys to help out with the tinkering process of T-Jets.

Leave a comment:

• BIG E
    replied
    Dyno, my good friend... you should already know all this stuff :>) !! -- Ernie :>)

Leave a comment:

• model murdering
    replied
    Yup, a fresh #11 really does the trick to remove the offending little curl of excess material. Most times it seems to be right around the mouth of the bore.

Leave a comment:

• gmcullan
    replied
    I either use a #11 Exacto blade to chase any flash from the inside of the brush hole or rub the brush edge on a sheet of paper, Some of the brushes have a little burr on the edges.

Leave a comment:

• SouthShoreRacing
    replied
    If the Slottech brushes bind, I use the Wizzard instead. Typically I only see an issue if the brush holes are deformed. If you are not racing the chassis, you can open the brush holes a little.

Leave a comment:

• Dyno Dom
    replied
    Yes, the Slottech brushes seem to bind in the chassis hole. Any suggestions for trimming them to fit properly? I've attempted to roll the sides on a sanding board with little success.

Leave a comment:

• smalltime
    replied
    The Wizzard and Slottech brushes are very close to the same diameter.

The slottech brushes are slightly taller than the older version of Wizzard brushes.(dull silvery/copper color)

The New wizz brushes are very close the same height as Slottech, and are softer and brighter in color. The new Wizz brushes are the bomb. They're in all my race chassis now.

Leave a comment:

• SouthShoreRacing
    replied
    They do. I don't have measurements, but from what I recall the diameter of the wizzard and slottech brushes is larger than the diameter of Aurora brushes. I think the Slottech are the largest. They can get hung up if the brush hole is deformed or has burrs in it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X