Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just what are the most popular/valuable AFX cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what are the most popular/valuable AFX cars?

I'm a T-jet guy so I don't pay much attention too Aurora AFX cars.
    I go to tag sales, estate sales flea markets and see them .
    Just what are the most collected/valuable AFX cars ?
    I'm gonna guess and say the '57Nomad, 55 Chevy , VW Beetle , that Javelin stock car .

Last edited by SlotTedIII; 06-10-2019, 02:47 PM.

Ted, something went weird with your thread and probably it's my fault.

Originally, there was a double post (where the same new thread occurred at 7:02 am and at 7:04 am) which is not uncommon, some kind of browser issue. So I went to do my usual 'fix' when this happens - merging the two into one thread, then deleting the second post. Only this time, both the 7:02 am post and the content of your post seem to have disappeared into the ether.

Sorry about that, please edit your content back into your post! I recall mention of several different cars, including Beetles if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
      Ted, something went weird with your thread and probably it's my fault.

Originally, there was a double post (where the same new thread occurred at 7:02 am and at 7:04 am) which is not uncommon, some kind of browser issue. So I went to do my usual 'fix' when this happens - merging the two into one thread, then deleting the second post. Only this time, both the 7:02 am post and the content of your post seem to have disappeared into the ether.

Sorry about that, please edit your content back into your post! I recall mention of several different cars, including Beetles if I'm not mistaken.
      I tried posting using my phone the first time, I guess my phone doesn't like your forum.
      I used my computer this time !

Comment

The Nomad, 55 Chevy and Javelin/AMX are quite popular. Often the colors make a big difference in value. The 57 Vettes are pretty highly sought after. It seems like most anything molded in Lime Green is desirable. The lime Dodge Stock car #11 is a good example. The Rebel Charger is one of the most expensive. The red and blue #43 Petty cars are good too.

Comment

Here's a start ...

The Super ll (blue being the Unicorn). "Starburst" Nomad. White Nomad. Brown Nomad. "Sugar Daddy" Datsun 510. Red White and Blue Bre Datsun 240. White and Orange Camaro Z28. Dark Blue Grand-Am. Blue and White Cuda. Orange Vega. Orange and Blue McClaren XLR. Blue and White 917. White and Violet Javelin. Blue and Lime Chevelle. Dark Blue and Black Daytona Charger. Orange Model A Panel ....

... and a whole host of others, without even getting into the Magnas or G-plus derivatives.

"Dated" chassis. Solid rivet chassis. 1st gen models. Anything with a blue cube, better yet with the cardboard box/stand. "Super Traction" models, stickers and weights. ORIGINAL "Hop Up" magnets, (not the ones on the card).

Happy Hunting!
          Last edited by model murdering; 06-10-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Bob Beers book on Aurora cars does rate how common or rare a particular body is, that would not necessarily be an indication of how popular, desirable or expensive it might be however.

Comment

See page 5: "Availibilty". The exact terms "desirable" and "very desirable" are used dead center in the 0 to 5 rating system.

What the trade will bear cannot be pigeonholed. Thats part of the gamble, hence the fun.

There are certain cyclical constants. Best time to hunt is around income tax season.

Comment

White '55 Chevy with red flames and the black '55 Chevy with yellow flames are hard to come by.

I would recommend getting Bob Beers book titled " The Complete Color Guide To Aurora H.O. Slot Cars"
                Slot Car Central has it in stock and it's worth every penny!

Comment

I don't claim to be a collector but I do buy what I like. I noticed the price of some of the 55 Chevy's I have are nuts. One of the lime green bodies I have has smacked into my stop box trying to stop from 60mph, it has held up pretty well but shows some wear. I sold my Super II cars because they are paying crazy prices for them and they are slow. I like to build them to go quicker, I will pay extra bucks to go fast and always have.

Comment

Working...
                  X