Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT40 Body On AFX Non-Mag Chassis

Hello all,

I thought I'd share some photos I shot this evening (from my cell phone so quality isn't the best) of a TOMY GT40 body fitting nicely on a AFX non-mag chassis. The body fit isn't a perfect fit, but works very well.

A friend in the local club I race with and I are really excited about this. Imagine 4 of these guys sliding around the track. I think this would make for great racing

BTW, the Chaparral 2D body fits as well. The rear tires are close to the rear of wheel well, but still clear with no problem.

It sits nice and low - striking. I like itl I'm a fan of the orig AFX chassis, too, and I have a few in need of bodies. Great to know.

Comment

AFX non-mag chassis

Yeah, I recently took a strong liking to the non-magnatraction AFX chassis. BTW, other than the auction site, does anyone know of a good source of NOS or used chassis?

If anyone is interested, I can mount the Chaparral 2D body and upload a pic of that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by domer View Post
        Yeah, I recently took a strong liking to the non-magnatraction AFX chassis. BTW, other than the auction site, does anyone know of a good source of NOS or used chassis?

If anyone is interested, I can mount the Chaparral 2D body and upload a pic of that as well.
        You realize that you started something when you showed me those pics last night Domer! I've been scouring the web for non-mag afx chassis as well. If anybody knows any decent sources, let me know as well. Until then, I'm going to try covering the mag holes on the x-traction chassis with some thin lead sheets cut to fit as another member on the forum suggested, in order to cancel out the down-force.

Post the Chappy pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Ammioz77 View Post
          You realize that you started something when you showed me those pics last night Domer!...
          Hey, you realize you started all of this right? lol

Originally posted by Ammioz77 View Post
          Post the Chappy pics!
          Will do

Comment

TOMY Chaparral 2D Body on AFX Non-Mag Chassis

Here you go...

Comment

Good luck with non-mag AFX chassis', guys. They have been on the extremely rare list for several years, now. You find a few on eBay.

Comment

Darn, not the response I was hoping to hear

Comment

Fear not friend... for i may have just uncovered another load of them... stay tuned!

Comment

Oh my!

Comment

Those chassis are beasts to drive. But fun too.

Comment

Yeah, they like to slip and slide! You'd be surprised how well planted they track with a pair of slip on silicones. I've tried the AFX silicone, and Super Tires. The Super Tires seem to hold the best by far.

Comment

I like it. I bet the Daytona body would work as well.

Comment

so far I've put the gt 40 body on my Gjet and enjoyed it. Also pulled the mags from a couple of mega g's too. The next step is the two non mag chassis I've got on order. Pics will be posted asap.

Comment

I recently discovered that one of the latest TOMY bodies with the clear windows and paper insert interior, the Chaparral, did not fit well. The body with the blacked-out windows works fine (per my photos).

Comment

Working...
                              X