Mixing brushes on Tjets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing brushes on Tjets?

I've heard some folks will mix brush brands for Fray style cars.

Anybody willing to give any advice? Send me a private message if you would rather not make it public!

Yeah I know, a dyno would help alot in this process....

MY VRP dyno really lets me see the effects of what works!

i found that 2 wizzard brushes works best for me in most cars.
    i have had others that do like 1 JB and 1 wizzard

Comment

That is different, and I've never heard of it. Why would mixing to different brushes work better than a matched pair?

Comment

I have heard or seen it from a few of the top racers around

But what I am finding, is that basically nothing in t-jets is repeatable
        (there are basics that are the same) but try to make 2 cars from the same parts and see what you get)

Comment

Mike - my driving SURE isn't repeatable, that I know for sure.

I do know for sure that the wrong brand of brushes will surely make or break a car, that one is often easy to prove without a dyno. The old finger-dyno.

Been meaning to tinker some on the Slimline Tjet, and various brush options, but haven't gotten around to it.

Comment

I got a pair of Wizzard brushes a while back, and they didn't even come close to upping performance on my T-Jets the way Thunder Brushes do. Though it is like Mike said, no two T-Jets will work the same using the same parts, or different parts. They are a strange, and fun chassis.

Comment

are the wiz brushes a bright copper color or a more brown in color

Comment

Why? Which ones work better? I don't remember, and I can't find them now. Figures.

Comment

the very brigt copper ones are the goods 1's

I had the other at 1 time and could not figure out why my cars slowed down so much

Comment

Yeah, the dark ones were junk. I raced for a whole season and nobody told me. Thanks guys!

Comment

I use Wizzard brushes, I used Thunderbrushes until the Wizzard brushes became available. They did not make my cars run faster, they made them faster longer because the comm stays cleaner. Wizzard brushes are 80% copper and they do look different than Thunderbrushes. If I remember I will poll the guys in my club and find out what they use.

Comment

They did not make my cars run faster,
                        That's where the dyno comes in!
                        i can see the changes without going to the track

in general i get more speed with the WIZ brushes!

That bad batch of wiz brushes really sucked!

Comment

I think I must have had the dark brushes. I'll try out a pair of the bright copper Wiz brushes. They really must be good to out perform the Thunderbrushes.

Comment

you can try mixing & matching as well!

Comment

The T-Jet takes a weird setup for sure. Diffrent weight fronts from side to side. Different motor brushes. 1 JB and 1 Wiz is the setup. Getting back into T-jets from taking a few years off. Same things that worked then work now.

Will be building a new dyno. However what the dyno cannot do is pickup setup, laptimes and handling. Gotta get on the track for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X