Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffing scratch marks out on 1/4" plastic ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffing scratch marks out on 1/4" plastic ?

I have scratch marks from honing the rails down on the track surface. ( a lot ) Can these be buffed out ? If so, how ?
    Thanks in advance, Cliff
    Last edited by caveman; 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM.

Originally posted by caveman View Post
    I have scratch marks from honing the rails down on the track surface. ( a lot ) Can these be buffed out ? If so, how ?
    Thanks in advance, Cliff
    I Have used a heat gun and a damp cloth in the past, it might pay to practice on a sacrficial piece of track first though.

Comment

Doesn't look like anyone else has any ideas. How did you get on with removing the scratches?

Comment

I'll assume you are talking about routed Sintra (PVC) track. Working with it for some 20 years in the sign making industry, I'm pretty confident in saying that there is not a profitable or physical way to remove scratches from the surface. It is so soft that it will scratch or indent easily and once the imperfection is there, it's there. I've thrown out many a sign blank because of that. A 4x8 sheet comes with a thin clear plastic film to help protect it during transport but one still has to be very careful handling it. It is very easy to mar it with a squeegee when applying vinyl letters even.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm not gonna worry about it any more, it just adds character .

Comment

Working...
          X